Hello from Rancho Santa Margarita, California! We thank you for taking time to know more about us. We thank you for the extraordinary courage, selflessness and sacrifice in looking to give your child a home filled with unconditional love, faith, education, and life opportunity. We understand this is a very difficult and emotional time but we hope that getting to know us will provide some peace and comfort in your heart. Please know we are wholeheartedly committed to giving your child a life full of unconditional love, support, and encouragement and will be eternally grateful to you for giving us hope of completing our family.
Dear Birth Mother...
Our Thoughts on Adoption
The decision to adopt was not taken lightly. After failed pregnancies and years in fertility treatments, we have felt truly heartbroken over not being able to grow our family. We came to grips with the fact that having a biological child was not going to be possible. Not wanting to give up on our dream of becoming parents, we knew adoption would be our path to having a family. We have trusted our faith in each other and in life and know adoption will allow us to bring more positivity, purpose, and joy into our lives. We are overjoyed and feel truly blessed with the opportunity of adopting a child and growing our family.
Our story began in 2010 when a mutual friend invited us for Taco Tuesday. We quickly gravitated towards each other and before we knew it hours had gone by in deep conversation and the restaurant was closing. As we were walking out, Mario was still eating his taco and we were stopped at the door and were told the food could not be taken to go. It was a perfect ending of a night full of laughter! This was the start of a special friendship. We quickly learned we shared many common interests and hobbies and found ourselves inseparable. As we got to know each other better we learned we both had a similar upbringing including a deep love for family. Before long our friendship blossomed into a romantic relationship. After several years of dating, we decided to join our lives together and get married with the hopes of forming a family someday.
Our Interests & Hobbies
- We take pride in living an active and healthy lifestyle. We have an array of outdoor activities we enjoy doing, from biking in the mountains and jogging at the beach. We also love exploring the many different hiking trails in our area.
- We are frequent guests at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! We are even magic key holders and can’t wait to unlock the fun, magic and excitement with our future child.
- We enjoy attending concerts and local sporting events. Our weekends are mostly spent with our dogs, Teddy and Bella, as we explore new parks in our surrounding area.
- It is important to spend quality time with our families and celebrate special days like birthdays with our nieces and nephews.
- Another fun activity that we look forward to is visiting our local pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkin for our annual pumpkin carving contest that is voted on by family members.
- We are foodies and are always looking to try new restaurants. We love to have family picnics at the beach and always stick around to watch the beautiful southern California sunsets.
- One of the things we have on our bucket list is to travel to Europe and visit the mayor historical areas and learn more about the culture. It has been a dream of ours for many years and would love to add our future child to this exciting adventure.
- We look forward to our future child joining in our family traditions as well as creating new traditions together.
Our Travels & Adventures
As a couple, we love to travel together with trips around the U.S. as well as Mexico, Belize, Dominican Republic and Bahamas. Our favorite travels and activities are the ones we do together. We are truly each other’s best friends and feel very blessed to have found each other.
We are very excited to share our love of travel and we are looking forward to sharing many trips around the world with our future child - trips that will be filled with forever cherished memories of fun and wonderful family adventures.
About Anai, by Anai
I grew up in Long Beach, California and spent a lot of my childhood practicing sports and having fun at the beach. My parents immigrated from Mexico in the early 80s seeking greater opportunities for their growing family. We were and remain a close-knit family. My childhood is filled with fun memories of baking all kinds of goodies with my mom; dancing and singing to music in the kitchen to enjoying the World Cup soccer games with my dad and siblings as we all cheered for our favorite team. I had cousins around my age so growing up we always had slumber parties, played board games, got to watch movies until late while snacking on pizza and pop tarts!
Since then, I have taken up a passion in data analytics and work from home as a data programmer for one of the biggest credit bureaus in the country. I love and take pride in my work. It also gives me the flexibility to work my own hours. I look forward to being a present mom in the life of our future child and can’t wait to build fun and wonderful memories with them.
Fun Facts About Anai
- Movies I like: Titanic and Gladiator
- Languages I speak: English and Spanish
- Perfect day: Family day at Disneyland
- Passionate about: Soccer, especially the World Cup
- Can’t live without: My family, including my dogs
- I’m the only one in my family who has dimples and is left-handed
- Source of inspiration: My parents
- Seasonal activity: Halloween pumpkin carving
More About Anai, by Mario
My wife, Anai has a thirst for life and family. Her laugh makes everything better. She, along with her two siblings, were raised in southern California by her parents that have been married nearly 50 years. They were and still are a close-knit family. She grew up with old traditional values and is always there for her parents, siblings and friends. She is the glue that keeps everyone together. She has a strong mind, body and soul and is always up for new adventures. She is a woman of strong faith and conviction. Passion and determination is what drives her to accomplish her goals in life. Children are always drawn to her. We can be standing in line at a grocery store and a child will be looking and smiling at her. It is a wonderful sight to witness.
I know without a doubt in my mind, that she will make an exceptional mother and I’m excited to see the valuable impact she will make on the life of our future child.
About Mario, by Mario
I was born and raised in Orange County, California. I had an active childhood that I continue as an adult. I enjoy and live life to the fullest by engaging in physically demanding activities such as mountain biking, hiking, table tennis, jogging to more passive activities such as gardening, volunteering, or even a game of Monopoly. I can’t wait to add a child in my life. I can’t wait to see the joy of life through my future child’s eyes.
After attending California State Fullerton with a major in Entrepreneurial Management, I have had a career that is focused in the real estate industry. I currently work from home for a real estate company and it gives me the opportunity to spend time with my wife and two rescued dogs. Our future child will grow up in a safe, fun, and loving family.
Fun Facts About Mario
- Favorite food: Mexican and Italian
- Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
- We rescued 2 adorable dogs that have meant the world to us
- I’m training for my first half marathon
- I volunteer at an animal shelter
- We have a Halloween pumpkin carving contest every year that is voted on by family
- Favorite sports team: Anaheim Angels
- Favorite ice cream: Rocky Road
More About Mario, by Anai
When I met Mario I was immediately drawn to his sense of humor and easy-going personality. We have always been a great team. We navigate through life’s ups and downs together. Mario has been my rock through many challenges. He is good at making light of situations in life. Mario can find humor in any situation and has always kept me laughing since day one. He has a way of making everyone around him smile and feel good. Mario’s kind heart, fun spirit and loving nature are just a few of the main reasons I fell in love with him. He is hardworking, intelligent, and dedicated. I know Mario is going to be an amazing father because he is a great son, brother, husband and uncle. He adores his nieces and nephews and understands the importance of setting a good example for them to follow. I have always admired his imagination, creativity, and ability to interact with children.
Mario is going to be an incredible father and I’m so lucky to be able to share this experience with him.
Our Home & Community
We live in Rancho Santa Margarita which is considered one of the safest cities in California.
Our city has a beautiful lake with picturesque mountain views of the Saddleback Mountains. There is an abundance of community parks and hiking trails to choose from. The community is family friendly with many activities geared towards children such as a beach club with kid friendly paddle boats, a kids splash pad, petting zoo and summer concerts that include fun activities for children. Our city has one of the highest rated schools in the state. We live in a child friendly neighborhood where the constant laughter of children playing can always be heard.
Our home is cozy, welcoming and spacious. The backyard is perfect for outdoor grilling, gardening, growing flowers, and vegetables with room for a small playground or trampoline someday. We are also in close proximity to beautiful Orange County beaches, our closest beach is just 10 miles away as well as the majestic mountains of Big Bear only about an hour away. There will always be an abundance of fun activities our future child will enjoy in our beautiful community.
Our Furry Friends
We love dogs, especially our sweet and adorable Teddy and Bella. We rescued them about five years ago and cannot imagine life without them. Teddy is a fun, free spirited guy with a playful and at times, defiant personality, when he doesn’t get his way. Nevertheless, adorable as can be. Bella is a very sweet and caring lady. She is the protector of the pack. They fill our days with joy and laughter. They are both great with children and we have a feeling they are just as excited as we are to welcome a new member to the pack.
About Our Family
We both come from a large close-knit Mexican family. We are fortunate to have an immense amount of support from our family and friends in our desire to adopt a child. We all come together for special events such as birthdays, graduations and holidays. Mario’s sister is usually in charge of preparing the turkey meal for Thanksgiving and Mario’s mom makes the best tamales for Christmas. Anai’s mom is a pie connoisseur who makes the most delicious pies in our family. Anai’s parents live a short drive away, so we visit each other very often. Anai’s brother lives in Colorado and her sister lives in Iowa but we are lucky to see them several times a year over the Holidays and when they come visit. Mario’s family all live nearby, just a few cities away. Mario’s mom as well as Anai’s parents are retired and are looking forward to once again becoming grandparents. We are aunt and uncle to several nieces and nephews whom we absolutely adore. Since we have big extended families, we take turns and alternate our holiday celebrations with our families in California, Colorado and Iowa. Our families and friends are all excited for us in our dream of adopting and are looking forward to meeting our future child.
Thoughts on Parenting
- Our goal as parents is to teach our child the importance of love, kindness, respect and acceptance for everyone
- We will share our passion for life with them while always supporting and encouraging them to dream big and teaching them that with hard work, perseverance, and determination anything is possible
- We value faith, family, and education
- We wholeheartedly wish to raise our child with strong fellowship and life-long connections through two dedicated parents, a wonderful extended family and a strong circle of friends
- We will support, encourage, and provide your child with a strong education
- We believe in the importance of raising a child in a faith centered, supportive, and loving family where they will be loved unconditionally and given opportunities to succeed and flourish
- We will establish a strong faith foundation for our future child to make sure they grow up knowing how deeply loved they are by us and by you
- We will welcome an open adoption and would love to learn more about you and the level of involvement you wish to have
Thank you for taking the time to learn about us and considering us in your journey. We promise your child will be deeply loved and cared for if you choose us as their adoptive parents. We promise your child will have a life of love, support, and encouragement. Above all, we promise to honor our commitment to you and your child by always having you in our hearts and sharing milestones with you, if that is your desire. We will always remind them of your love for them and how your love brought us together to form our family. We hope our story resonates with you and you find it in your heart to reach out to learn more about us as possible adoptive parents for your child.
With love and eternal gratitude,
Anai & Mario