Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know us. We have been thinking a lot about you and everything you might want to know about us. We have dreamt of this moment for a long time and are excited to grow our family. And we appreciate what this process means to you as you make one of the hardest decisions of your life. We will always hold you in our hearts. We hope this profile provides a window into our lives full of love, family, and adventure.
Why we’re adopting?
We have always wanted a child, but due to infertility issues, were unable to conceive. We think adoption is a beautiful way to grow our family. We will provide our child with happiness, opportunity, and unconditional love.
5 things we can’t wait to do with our child:
- Meet our family and friends
- Teach strong values of kindness, fairness, and independence
- Read books every night before bedtime
- Play music while we relax in the backyard with lemonade from our tree
- Learn something new every day
We met in 2009 in Washington, D.C. at a mutual friend’s birthday party. We sat across from each other at dinner, and it almost felt like we were alone on a date. Anthony courted Bethany for a few years as work took them to different cities before the relationship became serious. He proposed in a gazebo in rural Virginia, and we got married exactly one year later to the day in June 2014. We are as much in love now as we were when we said “I do.”
About Bethany, by Anthony.
Bethany is the smartest, sweetest person I know. Coming from a large midwestern family, she is the one who keeps our home bustling with friends and relatives during every birthday, holiday, and anniversary. Bethany is great at meeting people and bringing experiences into our lives – whether it’s a new book, a great restaurant, or an adventurous hike. She makes the best out of every situation and is equally happy taking a walk around our neighborhood at sunset or curling up under a blanket on the couch. I know Bethany will be a great mother because she has so much warmth and love to give.
5 things about Bethany:
- I’m the oldest of 3 kids in my family, and we’re each separated by 4 years.
- Every summer during college, I worked as a lifeguard at the local pool. I still love to swim – pool or ocean!
- I grew up having regular family dinners. Now I love to cook every night, whether it’s pesto pasta or sweet potato stew (and let Anthony do the dishes!)
- My favorite holiday is July 4th. I grew up in a quaint Midwestern town that celebrated with a parade, floats, community BBQ, and of course a fireworks show.
- I apparently love capitals! I was born in a state capital, went to college in a state capital, and now live in a state capital.
Things that make Bethany happy:
- Dinner with family & friends
- Watching the sunset
- BBQ in our backyard
- Hiking in the mountains
About Anthony, by Bethany.
Despite his age, Anthony is an old soul. He loves watching old movies, listening to oldies, playing board games, and going to museums. He went to film school, and still keeps photography as a hobby in his spare time. Anthony is the planner in our family, the one you can count on to organize a simple date night or a large vacation. He’s also the most reliable person I know…he can solve any problem or get you out of any jam. I know Anthony will make a great father because he’ll love teaching our child so much about history, music, movies, and the world around us.
5 things about Anthony:
- I am an only child and have always wanted a large family.
- I enjoy taking care of our grapefruit, lemon, and orange trees. We pick the fruit and have it for breakfast!
- I love to travel, and want to visit all 50 states someday. So far I have been to 43.
- I am a big music fan, and still have my CD collection from middle school.
- I still have a group of friends from kindergarten that I see regularly. They have small kids of their own and can’t wait to welcome our child to the group!
Things that make Anthony happy:
- Seeing live music
- Growing citrus trees
- Traveling across the country
- Watching old movies
- Hanging out with old friends
Just over a year ago, we moved from the hustle and bustle of Washington, D.C. to sunny Sacramento, California. We bought a three-bedroom home on a tree-lined street with a neighborhood full of kids. During the week, we drive to work together – our commute is only 10 minutes long and our offices are only 3 blocks apart! Our jobs are very flexible and family-friendly. We love our home. We’ve planted a garden full of vegetables and enjoy eating the fruit from our citrus trees (one of the best parts of living in California). On the weekends, we walk to the local farmer’s market, bakery, or ice cream shop just a few blocks away. We love bringing picnics to the park and grilling in our backyard with friends. And we love taking day trips. If we’re not home during the weekend, we’re hiking by Lake Tahoe, relaxing on the beach by the Pacific Ocean, or visiting a museum in San Francisco.
We will teach our child to be:
Both of us were born in 1981 – Bethany in central Ohio, Anthony in the Bay Area of California.
Anthony: My parents were born and raised in the Bay Area, my mom the oldest of three sisters, my dad the oldest of three brothers. While I am an only child, I have a large extended family, and we gather annually for family reunions in wine country. I also have a close group of friends I have known since my first day of elementary school. I treat them like family, too, and we visit and vacation with each other regularly.
Bethany: I grew up in central Ohio in a close-knit family, with a younger brother and sister. My childhood was spent visiting grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who live up and down the east coast. We also took family vacations each year to the beach in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Now that we are in California, my family loves to visit frequently and join us for hikes, barbecues, or trips to the coast.
What we promise is to give our child the happiest, most adventurous childhood possible – full of life, learning, and laughter. Raising a child is something that we have both wanted for a long time, and we have so many experiences that we can’t wait to share. We will make sure that every day brings a new and exciting chapter into our child’s life.