Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know us and for considering us as adoptive parents for your child! We admire your strength and courage as you pursue an adoption plan for your baby. We know that you want the best for your child and we hope that our profile provides you with insight into the kind of loving, secure, and fun family we would be. We’ve always been interested in building our family through adoption. When we learned that we could not conceive, adoption was a natural choice. We’re excited to start our family and can’t wait to provide a life of love and support for our future child. Our dream of growing our family through adoption would not be possible without you. We cannot express how grateful we are for your courage and selflessness.
Hello! We are Bill and Whitney from Glendale, California
Dear Birth Mother:
We met as classmates at a small college in rural Pennsylvania. We first saw each other in Art History — our first class on our first day. Over the next couple years, we continued to run into each other around campus and in our various art classes. We shared a love of art and drawing and eventually started dating. Eighteen months later, we got married and have enjoyed a wonderful, adventurous nine years of marriage! Our life has taken us to many places. We lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Nashville, Tennessee before settling down in Glendale, California.
Things We Like To Do Together
- Board games (Whitney dominates at Connect 4)
- Daily walks in the neighborhood
- Riding bicycles on the beach
- Hiking at nearby park and trails
- Playing catch with a baseball or softball
- Going to art museums, musicals and plays
- Long and short weekend trips to explore California
- Visits to Disneyland (especially around Christmas)
- Just relaxing together
Meet Whitney, By Bill
When I first met Whitney, I was immediately attracted to her kindness, optimism, intelligence and creativity. Whitney is loving and compassionate. She is always helping and encouraging her friends, family, co-workers, and other people she encounters with kind words, texts, and personal notes. She has a positive outlook on life. She greets challenges with optimism and always sees the good in other people. She’s super smart! She loves solving crossword puzzles and puzzle-based video games. Whitney is very creative and spends her free time making things! She draws portraits, sews pillows, restores furniture, crochets scarves, and bakes and decorates cakes. Whitney is amazing with kids. Our nephews light up whenever Aunt Whitney comes to visit! She loves to run around with them in the backyard, push them on the swings, and cheer for them at their Little League games. She will be an amazing mother. I can’t wait to raise our child with her!
Whitney designs mobile applications and websites at The Walt Disney Company. She loves her job because she gets to work with great people and use her creative problem solving skills. The company is very family-friendly and has flexible working hours that will allow Whitney to prioritize our future child.
- Whitney has a green thumb! She cares for our large succulent collection
- She loves to read and has a (not so secret) obsession with young adult fiction novels
- She enjoys solving puzzle-games and crosswords
- Whitney worked as a cake decorator for 2 years & Our future child will have homemade birthday cakes!
- She loves Christmas season! She has a collection of ornaments from when she was young
Meet Bill, By Whitney
Bill is so incredibly smart and talented, so loving and kind. He has a great sense of humor and is always making me and our friends laugh. He has worked harder to pursue his dreams than anyone I have ever seen. Bill is very creative and always learning new things. He likes to read books, listen to podcasts, and watch documentaries. He loves to learn new songs on the guitar and plays almost every day. He’s always drawing. His amusing sketches can be found on every loose paper in the house. He loves to be active outdoors and goes for long runs in our neighborhood. Bill is going to be such a fun and caring father. He’s a natural with kids. He loves drawing dinosaurs with our nephews and playing MarioKart with our friends’ son, Sage. He has a deep sense of responsibility and takes great care of us. He makes delicious (and nutritious!) home-cooked meals almost every night of the week. He inspires and encourages me to be the very best version of myself, and I can’t wait to see him do the same for our future child.
Bill currently works as an artist and director on various animated television shows. He enjoys his work because he gets to use his creative talents to entertain kids all around the world and because mentoring other artists and helping them develop their careers gives him a great sense of satisfaction. His flexible schedule will allow him to work from home and take time off when needed to raise our future child.
- Bill was an extra in a batman movie!
- He has walked along the Great Wall of China
- Bill loves cooking big breakfasts on the weekends
- He enjoys playing retro video games from the 80s &90s
- Bill watercolors birthday cards for his family members (he created the fun fact illustrations in our profile too!)
The People We Love
Our parents and siblings live in Pennsylvania. We visit them a couple times a year. It’s always fun to see our families and we especially enjoy Christmas mornings with our nephews. Bill has aunts and cousins that live nearby in Southern California and we get together with them regularly to eat good food and enjoy each other’s company. We communicate with our families frequently through email, letters, phone calls, and even silly Snapchat videos. We love playing tour guide when our parents and siblings visit us here in California. We always make sure to take them to Disneyland!
Our Cat, Mercedes
We have a quirky little cat named Mercedes. Bill rescued her as a kitten in 2007 when a friend found her under her car. Mercedes loves to hang out near us whether we’re eating dinner at the dining room table or relaxing together on the sofa watching a movie. She also likes to chase the red dot of the laser pointer and to watch the hummingbirds at our hummingbird feeder. (We like to watch the hummingbirds, too!)
Our Home and Closing Thoughts
Welcome To Our Home
We live in sunny Glendale, California. Our neighborhood is very safe and family-friendly. There are parks, outdoor malls, and libraries all within walking distance. We also have beaches, mountains, the zoo, and Disneyland just a short drive away. Bill likes to joke that Glendale is “the greatest city in America”. We really love it here.
To Our Future Child We Promise
- To always love and support you, no matter what.
- To help you discover and follow your dreams.
- To provide you with every opportunity for education and learning.
- To help you become a responsible and productive adult.
- To have fun and play with you.
- To do everything we can to help you have a full and happy life.
- To teach you love and respect for yourself and others.
- To be open and celebrate your adoption story.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us and for considering us as adoptive parents to your child. We hope that you have seen who we are and the loving, supportive, and full life we want to provide for your child.
Things That Make Us Happy!
- Riding bikes on the beach
- Time with friends
- Playing guitar
- Walks in our neighborhood
- Quality time with friends
- Caring for my plants
- Solving jigsaw puzzles
- Reading a good book