Hi! I’m Colleen from Southern California
I’m so excited to be on this journey and can’t wait to get to know more about you. Thank you for reading my profile and considering me as a mother for your child. I’ve always known in my heart that I would be a mother and I can’t wait to begin this journey! To watch, guide, teach, and help a child grow into a good person will be an amazing blessing. If you choose me to adopt your child, please know that I aspire to be the best mother that I can be. I know that finding the “right fit” for your child is a big decision. I hope that my story connects with what you are looking for and if there’s something you want to know that’s not included here, just ask!
Where I Live: I live in Southern California, not far from where I grew up. I am an optimistic, happy, friendly person. I smile and laugh a lot and like to be an active person. I own a 2-bedroom, 2-story condo with a small gated side yard. The complex has a tennis court, a small playground and a swimming pool and there are also several parks within 5 miles of my home. I grew up less than 15 miles from where I live now and lived in the same house from 2 months old until I moved out as a young adult, so I know this area well and all of the fun and interesting things to do here. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the mountains and the beach, so we can go play in the snow in the winter and in the water almost all year round.
I Love To Travel: I love to travel, both within the United States and internationally. I lived in Germany when I was a young adult for nearly 3 years and visited France, England, Switzerland, Amsterdam, and Austria during that time. Since then I’ve visited Baja, California and in 2013 I took a trip to Ireland. I feel that traveling is important as it helps me better understand other people and the world we share. Within the US, I’ve been to many places and one of my favorites is Walt Disney World in Florida. I’m slowly working on my goal to see a baseball game in every major league ballpark. I have been to 9 major league ballparks and I have 23 more to visit. I’m excited to share these kinds of experiences with my child.
My Hobbies & Interests: My interests and hobbies are diverse, and I truly take pleasure in doing things that include my family and friends
- I keep fit, working out regularly with a trainer, doing cardio and/or yoga at the gym, and doing outdoor activities like stair walking, hiking, and bike riding. I participate in the stair walks lead by Bob Inman, the author of “A Guide to the Public Stairways of Los Angeles”. The walks are tough (one stairway included over 200 stairs upward) and educational, as he tells the group about the history of the areas we walk.
- I love watching live sporting events, especially baseball and hockey (Dodger baseball, Ontario Reign and LA Kings hockey). I’m a season ticket holder for the Dodgers and the Reign and attend most of the home games.
- I enjoy cooking and baking, it’s fun to make dinner for my friends and family and have them over for game night. I’m known for making a large variety of goodies (cookies, candy, and homemade bread) during the holidays and my friends and family are excited to get their “food” gifts.
- I listen to music a lot, it’s important in many ways —- I use it to motivate my workouts, help me relax, and to pass the time. I tend to sing in the car or at home and have been “caught” singing alone in the car at a stop light many times. I enjoy listening to music live and going to the theatre to see musicals and plays. Seeing the Nutcracker at the Barclay this past Christmas was wonderful.
- I like watching movies both new releases at the theater and older ones on at home.
- I enjoy going to theme parks including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, Disneyland, and Knott’s Berry Farm. I have an annual pass to Knott’s Berry Farm and go about once a month and several times during the Boysenberry Festival. From the rides to the holidays to the Boysenberry Festival, it’s a lot of fun for adults and kids.
My Education & Work
My Education and What I Do For Work: I work from home for a successful evaluation firm located on the East Coast. Working from home allows my schedule to be flexible and I receive plenty of vacation time every year. Education is important to me and I worked hard to obtain a Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology from UC, Riverside in California. My degree not only assists me with my work, but also provides me with knowledge about what to expect as my future child grows and what activities to engage in to help him or her become a healthy, happy, caring, conscientious adult.
My Loving Family
I have a wonderful set of friends, family, and friends who are just like family. They run the whole spectrum: female, male, university professors, consultants, management, personal trainers, massage therapists, travelers, sales people, with kids, and without kids. No matter how long it’s been since I’ve seen them, we always pick up right where we left off.
My brother lives a 20-minute drive from my house. We have always had a good, close relationship — talking regularly and seeing each other several times a month. We celebrate our success and rely on each other for support during tough times. He’s very supportive of my adopting and he can’t wait to be an uncle. He’s looking forward to spending time with and teaching my future child to do all of the fun things we did as kids — play sports, go fishing, learn to drive and change a tire, just to name a few. He will be a good male role model. My sister and her fiancée live in Phoenix, Arizona so we don’t get to see each other as often, but she’s going to love being an aunt.
My friends are like family as I’ve known them for over 35 years. They live about a 20-minute drive from my house and are very supportive of my adopting and excited about being aunts, just like I’ve been Aunt Colleen to my friend’s daughter growing up.
Mike, my significant other, is one of the most supportive people in my life. He’s very supportive of my adopting and is excited to be a great male role model for my child. The experience and knowledge he gained while raising his daughter into an intelligent, motivated young adult will be one of my best resources.
My Promise to you and Your Child
- Your child will always know about you, the birth mother, and how much I value the amazing gift she gave to us.
- To provide a loving, stable home. We will laugh, play, and have fun together.
- To be there when he/she needs help, whether it’s with homework, to solve a tough problem with friends, or just to help understand “why”.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle so we can see the world together.
- To support his/her dreams and help provide all of the tools to ensure success. I strongly believe in education and will provide the education needed to be successful.
- To engage in activities to help him/her become a healthy, happy, caring, conscientious adult.
Thank you for reading my profile and considering me as a mother for your child. I recognize that this has to be one of the hardest decisions you will make in your life and I’m here to answer any questions that you may have.