Hello! I’m Jennifer from Texas.
Dear Birth Mother: I am so honored that you have taken the time to read my profile and to consider me as an adoptive parent. I am excited to begin this journey with you! I have always known that I wanted to form my family through adoption, and I have worked hard for years to be in a place in my life to start this journey. I can only imagine how difficult this journey must be for you. But I already know you are brave, strong and loving to consider making this choice. Please know your child will thrive, learn, and grow, with the support of an amazing and closely bonded family in a home filled with love. Your child will always know your decision came from love. To me, adoption is the ultimate gift – a gift of life, love and hope.
A Little About Me, My Story
I am a Texas girl, born and raised. I grew up in Dallas, where I still live. I grew up wanting to be a veterinarian, animals have always been a source of joy and peace for me. I am proud of the work I do, as I know it makes a difference in the lives of both people and animals every day. My future child will be taught to love and respect animals from the beginning — and will constantly be surrounded by them! I am very lucky that my job also allows flexible work hours and a lot of vacation time, as well as welcomes employee’s children to come visit any time!
A Bit About My Passions:
- Disney! One of my biggest loves is Disney. So much so that I began a side business as a travel agent specializing in Disney travel. Helping families plan their trips and making them as magical for them as it is for me brings me enormous joy. Best of all, it gives me the opportunity to travel to any Disney park! My future child and I will be going to Disney World several times of year and I cannot wait!!
- Sports! My family loves college football and hockey, and has season tickets to the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Stars. The entire family joins in, as well as many friends. I am lucky to have formed a “hockey family” that joins us for every game.
- Travel! Exploring the world is a passion that I hold dear. I feel it is impossible to have a narrow mind when you see how many ways there are to live in the world. History has always been my favorite subject, so I love to learn the stories from every place we visit. Every place has something new to teach us!
On Sundays: My parents and I have a tradition of attending evening mass and then going to dinner together every Sunday. My faith means a lot to me and has truly made a huge impact on who I am. I love Sunday nights because it allows us a peaceful evening with just family in which we can talk and laugh together without the stress of the week. My parents are two of my best friends and I thoroughly enjoy spending time with them.
Meet My Friends and Family
My Family: I grew up in an amazing, loving home. My parents, Jim and Pat, have been married for nearly 50 years and have provided a model of how to love. They taught us that family always comes first, and that how you treat people is a reflection of who you are. I have an older brother, James, who is now married and has 2 wonderful children — Max and Sydney. Max and Sydney bring me joy every day and are a true gift in my life. They have taught me so much about imagination, exploration and love — and they can’t wait to welcome a new cousin! I am incredibly lucky to have been gifted with this family. My family is so excited and eager to welcome a new family member. My parents live less than 5 miles from me and will be a huge part of my future child’s life. He or she will be raised in a strong, tight, supportive and loving family and will know exactly what unconditional love is!
A Note From My Parents: “Jennifer was raised in a home full of joy and love and taught to treat others as she would like to be treated. We inspired our kids to be eager to learn, to value education, and to know that they could be anything they wanted to be! As Jennifer goes through this adoption process, we know the kind of Mother she will be — loving and kind, generous of spirit, teaching her future child (with the help of our whole family) joy, generosity, and the value of an education! With her guidance, we know that your baby will grow up to be the best that he or she can be.”
My Friends: I am blessed to have a tight knit group of friends that has been together for a very long time. My best friend, Brian, and I have known each other since first grade! We have been there for each other through thick and thin and I know we always will be. Brian owns a preschool, so I know that my future child will be in the very best hands at school! My two best girl friends are also a large part of my life and have young children as well. One of them is also in the process of adopting, so my future child will already have friends to meet him or her! My favorite things my friends and I do are pool volleyball and game nights. Every summer, my friends and their families gather at least twice a month at my parent’s home to play pool volleyball! Dad grills and tends bar for everyone, while mom helps to watch the children so we can play! The rest of the year, we gather for game nights at least once a month. We love to find new and creative games and often end up in heaps, laughing until we cry!
My Home and Community
My career has allowed me to be fortunate enough to purchase a home in one of the best school districts in the city. It is nestled on a cul-de-sac with 4 bedrooms, a lovely pool in the backyard, and tons of room to play and explore! There is a large, beautiful park within walking distance from my home, complete with an enormous playground set! Some of my favorite things to do in the city during the day include visiting the Dallas Zoo and the Dallas World Aquarium — both of which are spectacular facilities. I also enjoy the Dallas Arboretum, which always has elaborate displays of seasonal flowers that children are allowed to interact with and learn about nature.
Meet My Furry Friends, Cazador, Caligula and Nero: I have 3 fabulous cats, Cazador, Caligula and Nero. All 3 were rescued from bad situations and are now lavishly spoiled. Caligula and Nero are brothers and are the most outgoing cats I have ever known. Caligula thinks my niece, Sydney, is his best friend and spins in circles when he sees her coming! Amazingly, Caligula and Nero both love children, which is very unusual in the cat world! All three of them love nothing more than to snuggle with me on the sofa. They will be thrilled to have a new family member to play and snuggle with.
My Favorites and Hobbies
I Love To Travel! Adventures I have had:
- Safari in Africa
- Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- Climbing the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Visiting the Tower of London — my favorite city!
- Exploring Moscow, Russia
- Climbing an active volcano in Sicily
- Exploring the Vatican in Rome
- I visit Snow White every time I go to Disney World — she’s still my favorite after all these years!
- I can’t sleep without my cats on top of me.
- I love to sing at the top of my lungs when I drive
- My favorite colors are orange and purple
- I love to take long walks with my friends several times a week.
- My favorite movie is Jaws — but I won’t swim in the ocean.
- A cat’s purr is the most relaxing sound in the world to me.
- I still keep my childhood teddy bear in my bedroom
- I love to collect art.
- I love to dance.
My Promise To Your Child:
- To provide a home filled with unconditional love
- To teach your child to be strong and confident
- To provide a consistent foundation of rules that will allow your child to learn right from wrong without every doubting that they are loved
- To provide a strong faith
- To give your child a strong family, and friends that will always be there.
- To remind your child how lucky they are to have an incredible birth mom that brought us together.
- To teach your child to dance and sing at the top of their lungs!
Thank You: Thank you again for taking the time to learn about me, I have waited years to begin this adventure. It is a choice I make with joy and the knowledge that I am ready to provide everything a child needs to grow. I know your decision must be difficult and frightening, but I hope I was able to paint a picture of what your child’s life will be like with me. I know whatever decision you make will be in the best interest of the child. Thank you again for considering me.