Hello from California's San Francisco Bay Area! We admire you for making a loving and courageous plan for your child. We are so excited and honored that you are considering us to unconditionally love, cherish, and nurture your child!
Dear Birth Mother...
We met 12 years ago, the modern way, through online dating. Our first date was at a local coffee shop and we immediately hit it off and could talk to each other for hours. Jessica remembers recognizing right away that Evan was a really good person and Evan was struck by how Jessica was friendly and caring. We quickly became serious and started integrating our lives and getting to know each other’s families. We got married in 2012, in a community garden surrounded by our family and friends. We both feel truly blessed for having met each other and built such a strong, trusting, and caring partnership.
We have always wanted to be parents, but after years of hoping, found out we are unable to biologically have a child, and we decided to pursue adoption as the way to create our family. Jessica’s cousin was adopted, and our family has always been open to adoption. We look at it as a wonderful way to create our family. We love being aunt and uncle to our many nieces and nephews, and godparents to the son of our good friends, and we can’t wait to become parents ourselves!!
What Makes Us Happy
- Catching up with old friends
- Spending time with family
- Finding a new song on the radio that I love
- Watching a sunset
- Learning new home improvement skills
- Riding my bike
- Visiting the coast
About Jessica, by Jessica
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area with my mom, dad and younger brother. We were a close-knit, loving family who emphasized education, family bonding, and helping others. We had dinner together every night where we talked about our day, which is a tradition I look forward to continuing with my own family.
I went to college in Boston and after graduation, I moved back home, knowing I wanted to settle down in the Bay Area near my family. For work, I coordinate programs that assist people experiencing homelessness. I feel passionately about helping people who are experiencing challenges and I work hard to do all I can to make a difference.
My closest girlfriends to this day are the friends I made in high school. We have always felt like sisters, and spending time with them and my family brings me so much joy.
In Evan's Eyes Jessica is...
- A good storyteller
- A hard worker
More About Jessica, by Evan
Jessica is kind, responsible, caring, warm hearted, nurturing, and supportive. A good mother will have these qualities, but in my opinion, to be a great mother also takes dedication, a sense of humor, patience, and a desire to help a little one grow to become the person they’re meant to be. Since Jessica has all of these qualities and more, I know she will be a wonderful mom.
About Evan, by Evan
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, with my parents, four siblings, and our cats. I’m the middle child, and have always been close to my two sisters and two brothers. My parents were loving but strict, which I think they had to be with five kids! My family has always celebrated birthdays, special events, and holidays together and many of my happiest memories are from big family events.
When I was growing up, I helped my dad with many projects around the house, which is how my curiosity and knowledge for how things work began. I followed my passions and I work in Information Technology software training and support. I am very fortunate that my position will allow me to work from home so that I can be a present parent.
I enjoy teaching myself how things work and how to fix them, and I cannot wait to explore and encourage our future child’s hobbies and interests!
In Jessica's Eyes Evan is...
- Really funn (He's a bit shy so you don't see it at first!)
More About Evan, by Jessica
Evan is very caring, fun, and supportive. When our little nephews visit our house, they love to play tag and all kinds of games in the backyard with him. Evan is great at teaching and explaining how things work to children because he is patient and calm. He’ll be a very involved father and will support them in whatever areas of education and hobbies they’re interested in.
List of Favorites!
Evan: Exploding Kittens
Favorite TV Show
Jessica: This is Us
Evan: The Office
Home & Community
We live in Castro Valley, which is a family-friendly town about 45 minutes from San Francisco and 20 minutes from Oakland. Our street is a tree-lined cul-de-sac with lots of families and friendly neighbors. Kids ride their bikes and leave them outside of whichever house they are visiting. When we bought our home about 7 years ago, we chose it specifically because it is perfect for kids, with a big backyard, great neighborhood, and good schools.
We both value the San Francisco Bay Area’s diversity, openness, and ability to get to the ocean or countryside within about an hour, while being right in the middle of all the cultural events, museums, and arts that the Bay Area has to offer.
Our Weekends Look Like This...
- Going to dinner and a movie, we love trying new restaurants and different cultures’ foods
- Going for a walk around our neighborhood or a hike in one of the nearby regional parks
- Catching up with friends and family
- Doing a project around the house
- Spending time in our backyard, gardening or just relaxing
- Cooking, including using vegetables from our backyard garden
Meet Our Family & Friends
Our families all luckily live close by! Our parents and all of our siblings live within an hour or less of us. We have two nieces and five nephews, ranging in age from 2-18, so there are always a bunch of kids running around at every family get-together, and the little ones have lots of older cousins to look
up to and learn from.
Our parents are extremely excited about the possibility of another grandchild. This will be the first grandchild for Jessica’s parents, and they are really ready to love and dote on a grandchild.
We are lucky to have a number of close friends who live nearby and have young children that your child will grow up playing with and going on lots of trips with, to playgrounds, libraries, our local zoo, and baseball games.
We love celebrating holidays and special events with family and friends!
- We host Thanksgiving at our house every year! It’s crowded, but so full of love, with kids playing in every corner of our house. We put together a bunch of big tables, cook a lot of food, and talk for hours.
- Chanukah is celebrated each year with a party at Evan’s sister’s house
- We have bbqs in our backyard (Evan is the grill master!) and game nights with friends
- We celebrate the Jewish holidays, and love the rituals and traditions, and the values of family and working to improve ourselves, our community and the world
You can always count on us to...
- Love unconditionally
- Maintain a supportive, loving and encouraging home
- Have laughter and joy in our home
- Have fun together as a family
- Read books together everyday
- Support learning and help with homework
- Support your child to try new things and actively support their interests
- Encourage them to follow their dreams
- Live our values of empathy, kindness, and helping others
- Maintain contact with you, based on your preferences, so your child will always know you and the love you have for them
We are so excited to become parents and we would be incredibly honored and privileged to be your child’s adoptive family. We wish you the best in your journey and hope we are able to learn about you as well.
Jessica and Evan