Hi there! We are Jonathan & Lee from sunny Los Angeles, California. Thank you for considering us as prospective parents of your child and for taking the time to get to know us better! Truly. We know so much can go into your decision making process. We are grateful for your consideration and we hope you find us to be what you're looking for when deciding who should continue to raise your child. We want your child to have an amazing life filled with love and opportunity! We want to open as many doors as possible for them, while allowing them to walk through on their own and embrace who they are to the maximum potential. The sky is the limit!
Dear Birth Mother...
Why We’re Adopting
We always knew we wanted to be parents! We’ve traveled, own our home, enjoy our dogs, and have lived a great life in our almost ten years together. But we still have a lot more love and support to give, and adopting will allow us to do just that and expand our family like we’ve always wanted to. We are thrilled to be on our adoption journey!
We met in Los Angeles nearly ten years ago on a dating site and have been married for over seven years! A dating site success story - who would have thought?! As cliche as it sounds, our connection to each other was truly instantaneous. While we are two men, our relationship is otherwise traditional in its values, and that is what connected us almost a decade ago. We immediately bonded over our love of family. We each have one sibling (a sister), who both have overcome unique obstacles as Jonathan's sister, Rachel, has Down syndrome and Lee's sister, Ilene, has cystic fibrosis.
We both come from loving, supporting homes and we both share the same value of commitment, knowing the importance of standing by your significant other and loved ones through life’s ups and downs. Life can be a crazy ride, and we love being on the ride together!
Values We Hope to Share with Our Future Child
- Kindness is key! We believe that kindness can go a long way. Sometimes, just holding the door open for someone can change their entire day!
- Patience, positivity, confidence, being humble, and having an understanding for differences are values we also hope to share with our future child.
- The world is a beautiful place in part because of everyone’s differences, and the world is a better place when we all respect, understand, and learn from those differences.
- Simply put, we love living life!
- We both enjoy giving back to our community, and we are involved with various organizations which assist those in need.
- We love spending time with family and friends along with their children, and of course with our dogs!
- We can’t wait to share all of our interests and hobbies with our future child, and we can’t wait to see what interests and hobbies they develop and can share with us!
- We both keep very active. Playing tennis, hiking, swimming and going on walks around our neighborhood are just some of our favorite activities.
- We have traveled to many places together, both international and domestic, and we enjoy a European vacation just as much as we enjoy exploring all of the great places the U.S. has to offer.
- Jonathan loves all things design along with reading and writing. Lee loves musicals, television, and movies.
- You’ll frequently find us in the kitchen as Jonathan loves to cook and Lee loves to bake! We enjoy a balanced lifestyle, and we enjoy fresh, healthy food as much as we enjoy savory meals and sweet desserts that warm your soul.
About Jonathan, by Jonathan
I’m currently a stay-at-home dog Dad waiting to fulfill my dreams of being to our future child! I was born in New Jersey but my family relocated to Southern California when I was seven, and I’ve been in California since. By education I am an attorney and I practiced law in the past, but my true passion is for homemaking and giving back. Cooking, taking care of our dogs, entertaining, creating a warm home environment and doing volunteer work are some of my passions, and I can’t wait to expand our family and add our child’s life into my daily routine! What excites me most about becoming a parent is being able to share a loving home environment and allowing our child to reach for the stars and accomplish their dreams, whatever those dreams may be. I am very active, as I regularly play tennis, hike, walk and go to the gym. Having an Italian Mom has instilled in me a love for culture, cooking, family and holidays, and I can’t wait to share all of that with our future child!
More About Jonathan, by Lee
Jonathan is the most caring person I’ve ever met! One of my favorite things about him is how in tune he is to other people’s needs and feelings, and how much care he puts into making sure they are happy. This is evident with his sister, Rachel, who has Down syndrome and who Jonathan has always been very close with. When we first started dating, Jonathan spent the weekend babysitting his younger cousins, entertaining them with their favorite activities. He loves his family and does everything he can for them. That’s just who he is! He is at ease connecting with people of all ages and he especially loves getting to know children and hearing about their interests. Jonathan is smart, loyal, genuine and honest. He loves to entertain and he makes everyone who comes into our home feel welcome. He also ensures that nobody ever leaves hungry! I know Jonathan will be the best Dad to our future child!
About Lee, by Lee
I grew up outside of Philadelphia and I never thought my life would take me all the way to sunny California, but I came in pursuit of my dream to make TV shows, which is exactly what I do today! I've had the honor to work on shows such as Glee, Jane the Virgin, and Family Guy, to name a few. I love my job, but I am most excited about expanding our family and showering our future child with all the love and opportunities they need to chase and achieve their own dreams. Building a family will be the greatest, most joyous production of my life! I love playing tennis, Broadway musicals, baking birthday cakes (everybody in the family gets to request the flavor on their day!), and traveling. I can’t wait to share those activities (and many more!) with our future child and getting to experience what they enjoy the most, too. Family is very important to me. I speak to my Dad and sister, Ilene, daily (a tradition started with my Mom before she passed). My mom always said “I choose you” because she never wanted me to doubt that I belonged. I will carry that tradition forward to make sure our child knows they are chosen and loved. That is what makes a family!
More About Lee, by Jonathan
My nickname for Lee is sweet Lee because he is exactly that, the sweetest! Plus he loves to bake, which makes the name even more fitting! Lee is the kindest and most patient person there is. A true gem, he loves seeing his loved ones happy, and he will go out of his way to make sure those around him feel supported, respected, and loved. Lee is an amazing husband, an incredible son and brother, and I know he will be the ideal Dad as well. He is great with children of all ages, and he’s no stranger to making funny faces with babies, running around with children, or conversing with teenagers about what’s going on in their lives. Lee prides himself on being a provider. He has an excellent work ethic, and he loves his job as a TV executive. Lee is also grateful that his job allows him to have a work/life balance and to work from home as he pleases. This means he will have lots of time at home with our future child! Lee thrives in all that he does, and I can’t wait to see him thrive in his next role as Dad!
List of Favorites!
Favorite Food to Eat
Lee: Chicken Parmesan
Food to Cook
Can’t Live Without
Lee: Diet Coke
Lee: Anything chocolate!
Favorite Vacation Spot
Jonathan: Palm Springs and Italy
Lee: New York and Italy
Living in Los Angeles provides us with great year round weather and close proximity to beaches, mountains, theme parks and so much more! Even in the winter you can enjoy sunny weather in our area or drive only a couple of hours away and be able to enjoy the snow! Our neighborhood provides us with access to numerous parks, farmers markets, restaurants and great schools. What we love about where we live is that we have so much in close proximity to us, yet Los Angeles is a large city so there are still always new places to explore.
We can’t wait to introduce our future child to our neighborhood and continue to we love so much with them!
Our families are our everything! Jonathan’s family lives nearby in Southern California and his parents have been married for forty-three years! He has one sister, Rachel, who has Down syndrome and who he is very close with and proud of. She’s accomplished so much and was even on a television show which documented the lives of individuals with Down syndrome! She has the biggest heart and can’t wait to be an Aunt to our future child. Jonathan’s family is accepting, supportive, tight-knit and full of love, and there is adoption in his extended family as well.
Lee is equally as close to his amazing family! His parents were married for almost forty-eight years (together for nearly fifty-two!). Lee’s Mom passed away recently after a hard fought battle with cancer. While she is no longer physically with us, she is forever a part of us. Lee’s Mom was a nurse and after she retired she volunteered holding babies in the hospital. Lee gets his love of babies and children from her! Lee also has one sister, Ilene. She has cystic fibrosis but has never let that hold her back, as she’s an accomplished academic who is very physically active. She and her husband can’t wait to be an Aunt and Uncle, and Lee’s Dad and Jonathan’s parents can’t wait to be grandparents! We are very close to our extended family and their children. Our cousin’s children can’t wait to have a new cousin in our future child!
We love the holidays! Especially Christmas and Thanksgiving! Jonathan’s Mom has always decorated her home for each and every holiday, and we share this love for holiday decor and traditions. Sitting by the Christmas tree, the smell of sweets in the oven, and family gatherings over the holidays are just some of the traditions we can’t wait to share with our future child!
Our Thoughts on Parenting
- As parents, we intend to provide our future child with the opportunity to discover who they are and pursue their passions and dreams! Part of the beauty of life is that we are all unique and possess different interests and strengths.
- We want our future child to be able to learn about who they are and what they seek in life
- Our child will have an advocate in us, two parents who will be there for them and help guide them
- With desire and dedication, any obstacle can be overcome
- We both grew up in households where our families strove to provide us with the best they could, while also ensuring we grew up learning how to respect others and treat others with kindness. We intend to pass this value down to our child, as a world where we respect others and their differences makes for a better world.
- We believe in knowing the importance of both working hard and also taking the time to smell the roses. Life is short and we don’t feel one has to be done at the expense of the other.
- We can’t wait to expand our family and live life with our future child. The world is their oyster!
We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to get to know us better and for considering us as prospective parents of your child. It means the world to us! Without you, we wouldn’t be able to expand our family, and just your consideration is something we are incredibly grateful for. Our marriage is filled with love, stability, commitment, and respect, and as parents we will raise your child with those same values. We promise to make you, as their birth mother, proud. Your child will be our number one priority. Raising them and seeing them spread their wings is something we truly can’t wait for! It is something we (and our families!) have dreamed of. Thank you for simply considering making our dreams of becoming Dads a reality. We are so very thankful.