Life is a journey
We are Joyce and Josh and we are excited to be on this adoption path with you. Thank you for taking the time to learn about us and considering us as potential adoptive parents. Life is a wild adventure full of twists and turns. Some decisions in life are hard to make while others just feel right. We respect the journey that’s brought you here today. We hope that finding the right parents for your baby gives you peace of mind and heart. If we’re the ones, we are ready and excited to do this with you!
Our values, hopes and aspirations:
- The foundation of our marriage is love, respect and admiration.
- We strive to live a simple and thoughtful life.
- Our idea of a fulfilled life is being surrounded by family and friends.
- We want to always be humble enough to continue growing and learning from all kinds of people.
- We love our diverse family. Josh speaks Spanish fluently and I speak Chinese. Our future child will be exposed to many cultures.
- We have family members and dear friends who have adopted children so we and and our future child have an immediate support network.
- And, always be kind, generous, grateful, and be of service.
What drew us together and what keeps us together:
- Love of family
- Not afraid of hard work
- Spiritual practice and daily meditation
- Adventure and discovery
- Lifelong learning & growth
- Protection of nature & against injustices
- Respect for differences
- Build and create things
- Creativity and beauty
- Compassion for all
Hi, I’m Joyce
My parents immigrated to the U.S. from Taiwan when they were in their 20’s. Even though I was born and raised in California, Chinese culture was a big part of my childhood and is still an important part of my life and values. We celebrate Chinese New Year with homecooked traditional food and customs. My parents also taught me the value of hard work and entrepreneurial spirit. Because of this foundation, I’ve had different types of careers that brought me to the dream job I have today. I work for a conservation company that protects elephants in Kenya with an eco fashion factory on the wildlife sanctuary. I’m lucky that I get to work in fashion and help the planet at the same time. Sometimes we have to fight for our planet, wildlife and people too. I crave travel and adventure and have been to many countries. I love learning about different cultures. I also love being in our cozy home and making things, like pottery. Working with my hands is a necessary break from the internet!
Why I love my wife! By Josh.
Joyce is a visionary and energizing woman with a heart of gold. She is a super positive and encouraging force for good in the world with a lot of amazing friends and a huge extended family. Being lucky enough to be her husband and life partner, I am inspired and tickled by our deep talks about everything from the meaning of life to how awesome our cat is! Joyce has a deep sense of justice and a very mature worldview that is always a source of inspiration for me. I am delighted and honored to spend the rest of our lives together.
Hello, Josh here!
I grew up on a small rural farm in Northern California with a hardworking, big family. From an early age I learned the power of responsibility because I had to raise goats, chickens, ducks, sheep and turkeys all by myself! I loved it. My early years were idyllic and I had wonderful times spent surfing remote beaches and working close to nature and I am eternally grateful for these unforgettable experiences. In college I moved to Chile, in South America, where I stayed for 7 years and had an endless stream of epic adventures – from trekking in the Andes Mountains to surfing the wild waves of the Southern Ocean to being an environmental activist for very inspiring coastal causes. Storytelling is an underlying theme in all of my work from activism to filmmaking to marketing. I have a lot of great stories to tell from all of my life experiences and can’t wait to make more epic stories with our future child. I’ve lived a blessed life full of tons of adventure and great people and I look forward to much more.
Why Josh is my fave! By Joyce.
Josh inspires me every day to be better. He is a voracious reader and is constantly teaching himself new skills. He is an extremely talented filmmaker and touches so many people with his videos. He speaks passionately and honestly from his heart. And that’s what I love about him the most – his integrity and humility. People see that in him immediately. He appreciates the beauty of our world and always reminds me to stop and smell the roses. I found a life partner who will play, work and love as hard as I will to squeeze every ounce of goodness out of this blessed life on Earth!
Between the two of us, we have a big, diverse family. Joyce’s parents are divorced, which makes our family extra big. We are close to all sides of the family, making our holiday seasons super busy! Both sides of the family have gorgeous properties to visit. One weekend with them feels like a vacation in nature! There are and will be so many cousins of all ages for our future child to play with and be mentored by.
Why we love our home in California
We are so grateful that we were able to buy a home just south of San Francisco. We love the solid construction and design. We’ve done and will continue to do a lot of renovation projects to make it our own. There are many playgrounds and parks nearby and the beach is just 8 minutes away.
Our values as parents:
- To honor your child’s uniqueness, their culture, their ancestry, and their birth story.
- Love is the most important thing. No matter what happens, love is the answer.
- To protect them and provide a safe and nurturing place to grow up.
- To find out what inspires your child, and nurture their passions.
- To believe in them no matter what.
- To really listen.
- To be honest, trustworthy and guide by example.
- To be there for them when they fail and when they succeed.
- To ENJOY life together and to laugh as much as possible.
- To nurture curiosity, wonder, excitement. Try new things.
- To make sure they know their adoption was an act of love by both their birth and adoptive parents.
THANK YOU for taking the time to learn about us! We wish you love and peace of mind with the adoption process, and in our life.