Hi! We are Karen & Erica from Ann Arbor, Michigan. We so much want to have our own family. We have tried for 16 years but did not have any luck getting pregnant. We have always wanted to be parents. We have so much love and protection to give our child. Our parents are so excited and are looking forward to having another grand baby. Our brothers are looking forward to being first time uncles and my sister's first time being an aunt. This child will be very loved, wanted and blessed. We are so very excited going through this adoption process and are welcoming the day we have our future child.
Dear Birth Mother...
A Little Bit About Us
We have been together for 16 years and were married in 2022. We met almost 17 years ago at a gym. We looked at each other differently felt something different. We left with ending words “let’s get together sometime”. Karen went off to work and as her company started setting up for our job, she had a thought to call her and the funny thing is Erica was calling at the same time. Karen invited Erica over for dinner and that night the street flooded. We played out in the street with the neighbors at 1:00 in the morning acting like children. Karen knew she was the one. We haven’t been apart since our first date.
Trust, patience and understanding are the keys to our relationship. Having a huge family that supports our marriage means everything. We always remember to look at each other and remind ourselves how lucky we are to have one another. We love to experience new things mainly traveling the world. We desire to show our future child the world!
What We Do for Fun
- We enjoy our free time by working in our yard
- We really love color. When pulling up to our home it is very obvious where we live.
- We enjoy cooking on our smoker, grill or griddle. We like to share our cooking recipes with our neighbors.
- We live in a cul-de-sac so it’s very easy to get together with our neighbors for games or cooking
- We love to travel even for a long weekend getaway
- Our favorite thing to do is hanging out with our nephew at the pool, museum, traveling or just hanging out at our house. Evi has a great imagination so at times you will find us on the floor at the side of the bed hiding from everyone and pretending we own a grocery store or are on a pirate ship.
- We love spending time with our family
- We also love adventure, riding our bikes, exploring the 15 parks in Ann Arbor and hanging out on Huron River. Ann Arbor is the 3rd most educated city in the country and is a huge college town. They call the University of Michigan, The Harvard of the Midwest. Since we live in this town there is a ton of exposure to unique local shops, cuisines, museums of all types because it is an international destination.
- One place that we think is so cool is the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) School in Ann Arbor and the Huron Valley swim club. It will so much fun to have our future child try all these new amazing schooling opportunities and see what they enjoy. Maybe they will become an Opera singer or a scientist.
About Karen, by Karen
I am a third generation painting contractor & handyman service. I definitely love getting up and going to work. I like to meet new families and change the look of their home. I love the feeling of completing a project. I am a handy woman for sure and I will always try to fix everything on my own before I hire someone to do it for me. My dad taught me at a very young age that working hard and earning a check puts more value on things that you purchase as opposed to things being handed down to you.
Want to know a fun fact about me...I am part (my mom full) Polish and I was a polka queen for two years and yes I had to wear the crown and sash. Spring and fall are my favorite times of year. There’s just something about those temperatures that give me extra energy. I love being outside working on landscaping. Erica and I both love traveling and we try to go on a European trip every year with our families. I look forward to teaching our future child how to fix things, take them to sporting events, traveling the world with them and giving them the best education. Erica and I have our health, new home, and great jobs-and we can’t wait to share our lives with a little one!
About Karen, by Erica
I love Karen because she never gives up. She is fiercely loyal to me as her partner and even though she runs her own business, she takes pride in our home. It’s always clean, cozy and inviting.
She never says NO to a challenge but tackles it head on. Often times, she will start a project and I will walk away but when I return, she has magically completed it. She installs drywall, installs flooring, installs sinks, remodels homes and is extremely intelligent. She supports me in every way and unconditionally, a lot like my grandmother did. She is always positive and even if she has a bad day she never lets it get the best of her.
My brothers and parents love Karen as their sibling and daughter and recently our perfect and adorable nephew Everett has begun to favor aunt Karen over me (kaka). I’m going to have to get creative to get back to being his favorite. We adore him more than anything and we want to give your child the same love...a love that you can’t describe. We will give your child as much support, love, opportunity, education, show them the arts, show them science, and show them the world. They will have a good life with joy and peace in their hearts.
Fun Facts About Karen
- My favorite vacation spot would be our second home in Florida. It’s a very quick flight, the food and people are great and the home is on the ocean so plenty of swimming and fishing. This is a great place to take a child.
- My second favorite spot would be in Marylebone, London which is a district in the west end of London. The shopping, streets, food and people are wonderful.
- My hobbies are believe it or not...fixing things!
- My favorite season is fall. We love the orchards, street festivals, the changing of colors in the landscape and football!
- My favorite teams are the Michigan Wolverines and The Detroit Lions
- I love to collect small crystal figurines. I favor the animals. My sister usually buys me two for a Christmas gift every year.
- Erica’s grandmother was my source of inspiration. She never turned her back on anyone even those who begged for money on the corner. She always cheered for the underdog. Besides Erica I never met anyone so loyal. Even when her husband passed many many years ago, she was still loyal to him and loved him very much.
- All time favorite ice cream is blueberry/blueberry cone
About Erica, by Erica
I was born in Ohio. I was the first girl and first grandchild after my grandparents had 5 sons. My grandmother was my absolute everything. She taught me unconditional love, to always smile, how to cook, care for a home and how to put others first always. I grew up in a hardworking family. My grandfather dropped out of school in the 8th grade and worked for his father bagging groceries. He then developed a very successful business of 17 super markets. He was a man of few words but his word was his bond.
I took this work ethic, graduated high school and college and have been in sales for the same company for 15 years. My heart for the past 15 years has been to be a mother, love a child, teach them all these amazing things, show them the world and give them every opportunity life can offer. Traveling has taught me to respect other cultures, learn about architecture, beauty, oceans and ancient artifacts. Fun fact about me is in 2019, the last big trip I did was climb the Great Wall of China with my father and brother. I want to climb this wall with our future child one day. I have a lot of love to give. Also I’m extremely funny. I love to laugh and watch others laugh.
About Erica, by Karen
I absolutely love Erica’s personality, she can definitely brighten a room with her smile. Everyone who meets her loves her and loves being around her. She has a great work ethic and this is why she manages a team in Michigan. Erica takes pride in our home and herself. Family means everything for her. You have a problem she will fix it. Erica loves children and has 14 cousins younger than her which she is very close to and babysat when they were younger. She does not lack in intelligence and easily solves any problem. She is definitely trust worthy and very honest. She puts everyone ahead of her. Erica definitely loves to travel and is always planning a next adventure. I can’t wait to watch Erica in the role of a mother. She has wanted to be a mom for all of her life. She is excited to have the opportunity to show her future child the world, and be able to provide them with unconditional love.
Fun Facts About Erica
- I love Marco Island, Florida. Went to visit my grandparents there every year when they would leave Ohio in the winter. Those are my favorite memories of all the places in all the world I have visited.
- I have seen Rome, Paris, Switzerland, England, Barcelona, China and the list continues but yet my most special memories are watching the beautiful sunsets of Florida with my perfect and sweet grandmother and my wife. Nothing compares.
- I have seen dozens of Broadway musicals in NYC. I want to take our future child to enjoy this side of life.
- It makes me happy to make others happy
- I have fished in 12 countries, in the Hamptons of NY, in Mexico, Jamaica, etc. I think there is nothing more peaceful and beautiful than being on the water.
- My favorite ice cream is peanut butter and chocolate gelato
- I love the challenge of cooking on a smoker. I watch a video a couple of times then I just try it. I find it very therapeutic to plan, prepare and prep a huge meal and have the family over and be told it was amazing food. (I would be a chef in another life).
We just moved to Ann Arbor Michigan from New York. We have always been season football ticket holders to University of Michigan even while living in New York. We are from Toledo, Ohio which is a 45 minute drive from our home. We live in a very nice community with wonderful neighbors and a huge back yard. Our neighbors take pride in their homes which is something you see and feel while entering our subdivision. A drive to the downtown and college campus is only about 10 minutes. We love being so close to everything. The schools here are top notch with awesome reviews no matter if you are looking into day care, middle school, high school or college.
Our community is very proud to be an Ann Arbor resident. One of our parks has an 18-hole regulation golf course, multiple libraries, top notch museums, a disc golf course, toboggan hill, a nature center, a farm learning center, picnic areas, beaches, splash pad with water slide and boat rentals and a 30-mile paved hike-bike trail called Border to Border. Our town has a certain amount of down-home charm, especially in its historic districts, but it’s also grown into a thriving metropolis filled with shops, restaurants, parks, museums, performance venues and more. We spend a lot of time in our back yard as well. When the trees are full and the grass is green, you get the feeling of being on a golf course because of its beauty.
Ann Arbor boasts excellent public schools, an increasingly diverse job market, a culturally diverse community, a large public park system, and low crime rates.
Erica has as large family while Karen has a small family. Erica’s step mom was adopted as a toddler and grew up poor but managed to put herself through college to become a partner at a law firm. Erica’s dad is also an attorney and graduated from Michigan. He and his brothers are invested in commercial real-estate which was started by their grandfather. Erica has two wonderful brothers. Erica has 14 cousins which she is very close to. Erica’s mom is also close with the family as well. Their divorce didn’t affect the families relationship with her. Karen’s dad is now retired, he was a commercial contractor while her mom is a supervisor at a hotel. She has one brother and one sister.
As a family we all enjoy each other’s company and typically will travel together on our big trips. We all enjoy spending time together. We enjoy traveling to California to see one brother or to New York to see the other brother and our nephew. Both brothers also travel here to spend time with us. Our brothers are our best friends. We are truly blessed. Our family plans on giving our little one the best education, a large family and to show them the world with all its history.
Our nephew means everything to us and our family. Everett is the first born child in our immediate family so of course we all fall over this little guy. He is 4 1/2 years old and speaks Fluent English and Spanish and goes to school. He enjoys living in New York City and you can find him at the museum, the Lego store, bookstores, on his scooter, swim class, chess class, basketball class, music class just to mention a few. This boy uses every experience as a learning tool. He can tell you every word to the Polar Express movie.
Everett is so excited to have another child to play with.
Thoughts on Parenting
We don’t believe in raising a child in front of a TV. We believe in making all the children’s meals from scratch and cooking organic healthy foods. We believe in pre-schooling a child to get them ready for kindergarten. Getting a child involved in everything from gymnastics, bookstore, music, art, tennis, swimming, golf...etc and let them decide what they love to do. At the end of the day we believe in a bath and then a bedtime story together as a family and dinner at the table together. We would be a safe place for a child. We would fiercely protect, fiercely love and fiercely do anything and everything possible to give them the most opportunities for joy in their hearts, minds and souls every day.
We will love them beyond what words will say or what we could even write in this paragraph.
Thank you so much for reading and learning about our family. We have always wanted to be parents and tried for 14+ years but were not able to conceive. We have been waiting for the birth of this child for years. Please know that this baby is already loved by us. We promise to always love, protect, teach, and celebrate this wonderful child and give him/her the best education. We want to show this baby the world. We and our entire family are so very excited to bring a wonderful baby into our family. Once again we look forward to the opportunity to speak with you more.