Warmly, we send our gratitude and hugs for considering us in your loving adoption plan. Being parents is our grandest dream and will be our biggest adventure. Deciding to adopt, after trying to begin a family naturally, brought so much joy and peace to our hearts. Some friends in our hometown adopted in the United States and spoke with us about their beautiful journey to their son. We look forward to the blessing of a child through adoption. Thank you for letting us share our story with you!
Hello! We are Kelsey and Ryan from Canada!
Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Our Timeline
- 2011: We met up through Ryan’s best friend, Joel, and Kelsey’s sister, Taylor. From the start, Ryan has had an uncanny ability to make Kelsey laugh!
- 2012: Ryan goes somewhere new…dance class! We start ballroom lessons, something we enjoy to this day. It is a fun way to connect as a couple, and hilarious to see the reactions of Ryan’s friends when he busts out a killer waltz!
- 2013: You had us at woof! We welcome our four-legged best friend Boogie into our homes and hearts.
- 2015: Bourbon Street, beignets and a sparkly new bauble…we are engaged in New Orleans! Ryan planned to propose on a dinner cruise, but when we arrived at the dock, the steamboat was gone. Turns out, we got the times mixed up and literally missed the boat! We re-scheduled for the following evening, but Ryan couldn’t wait that long. He proposed the next morning at our hotel, and I think we were easily the happiest people in the Big Easy!
- 2016: WE DO! Our loved ones celebrate with us as we became husband and wife on May 21st.
- 2018: Our adoption journey begins!
- 2019 and beyond: Our greatest miracle and adventure awaits!
Brown-Eyed Girl, Meet Kelsey by Kelsey
I grew up knowing that family is always there to lift you up and share life’s joys and challenges. The eldest child, I loved looking after my siblings and dolls! I grew up in Edmonton, Canada, with my parents, sister Taylor and brother Reese. My mom and dad devoted themselves to our education and activities- helping with homework, coaching sports and taking me to piano lessons. As a teacher, having summers off gives me time to read, garden, and spend time at my family’s lake house in British Columbia. A perfect summer day includes boating, a hike, stand-up paddle boarding, reading in the hammock, and a family meal.
From a young age, I loved school so much that I never left! I teach first grade and for me, a day at work involves teaching reading, singing songs, playing math games, story time, and helping students develop the social-emotional skills they need to succeed. I plan to take at least a year off from teaching when we become parents, and to re-evaluate after that. My profession allows me the flexibility to have the same holidays as our child, the option of working part-time, substitute teaching, or taking sabbatical years. Family always comes first!
Thank God I’m A Country Boy, Meet Ryan by Ryan
I’m just a small-town boy, born and raised in Burns Lake, British Columbia, a town of under 5000 people. My childhood consisted of playing hockey and baseball, camping, and family road trips that resembled the Griswold’s Family Vacation! I have two brothers, Dustin and Jason, who liked to remind me that they were older and stronger! However, I always knew they loved me. My parents were very involved in our sports and school.
Takin’ Care of Business, Ryan’s Career
It was apparent as a young boy, selling hockey cards to my neighbors, that sales would be a part of my life! Today I am the General Manager of a car dealership. I started with the company ten years ago, and have worked my way up. I measure my success by the number of employees I’ve helped to reach the next level. I truly enjoy going to work, building a positive culture, having fun with my staff, and helping the business hit new heights.
We Are Family, Meet Our Tribe
We are fortunate to have my parents and siblings in the same city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We do Sunday dinners, attend sporting events, go for dog walks, and support each other in any way we can. Taylor and Reese are loving parents to our nephews, Dylan and Nico. We love to play with the boys, babysit, and do daycare pickups and field trips. My parents, Roy and Barb, are ecstatic about welcoming a new grandchild. The cousins I grew up with are raising kids now, and it’s neat to see the next generation of cousin fun! We have a wide circle of support and love surrounding us and our future child.
From a close-knit family, I was the only one to venture off into the city. We visit my hometown a couple of times a year, and my parents, Rose and John, and brothers, come here to visit. Living away from my hometown, I’ve always appreciated how Kelsey’s family welcomed me with open arms. On my side of the family, Kelsey gained three fun-loving nephews - Ryese, Beckett, and Briggs.
Stand By Me, Our Friends
We love having dinners, dog park dates, ski getaways to the mountains, and games nights. We are always up for a game of Sequence, Balderdash, or Heads Up with our group of friends.
Gimme Shelter, Our Home & Community
We live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - a young, diverse and family-oriented city with a vibrant arts, festival and sports scene. There are beautiful natural attractions, like the dog park nestled in the river valley just minutes from home. We enjoy theatre, music, farmers’ markets, Oilers hockey games, and football games. Our house is a spacious two-storey with four bedrooms, a large backyard and garden. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, with excellent schools a five-minute walk across the field. We look forward to visits to the library, kids’ art studio and recreation centre nearby. Home is a great place to be, but we love travelling and visit the United States each year, returning to favorite places and exploring spots for the first time.
You’ve Got A Friend In Me
Say hello to Boogie, our playful and loyal lab! A rescue pup, Boogie can’t resist a game of fetch, a treat, or a summer-time swim! Boogie is super with kids, hails from Louisiana, has velvety soft ears, and a huge heart.
Our Promises as Parents
- To be present, patient, supportive and playful
- To always help your child know that they are wonderfully made and loved unconditionally
- To honor your child’s birth story and the loving adoption plan that brought us together
- To nurture your child’s unique spirit and strengths
- To share the joy of life-long learning
- To instill the values of kindness, empathy, honesty, hard work and determination
- To foster in your child a sense of wonder and respect for nature and animals
- To teach your child to dream big, and to live life with happiness, courage and positivity
Don’t Stop Believing
We are grateful for the abundant blessings in our life together. Our journey to parenthood has not been easy, but we have faith that our prayers will be answered and our dream will come true. The patience we have learned and the strength we have found in one another are gifts that we will bring to our role as parents.
Thank you for allowing us to share ourselves with you. If this glimpse into our life sparked a connection, we would love the opportunity to hear more about you and the hopes and dreams you have for your baby! We wish you the love and support you need in your decision. Should this journey bring us together, your child will always know that your love and courage brought them into this wonderful world.