We admire the brave and selfless decision you are making and hope these few pages will paint a clear picture of what a child’s life will be like in our family. Thank you for taking the time to get to know us!
Dear Birth Mother
Our lives took different paths around the world and we were united a little later in life. We have created a marriage and family based on:
• A love for each other and our community
• Working hard while keeping family and fun top priorities
We now look forward to growing our family!
Our Family Timeline
- Early 2000s – We both lived in Johnson City, TN for college (Abraham) and med school (Leigh)
- Mid 2000s – We both moved away and Leigh served in the Army while Abraham served in The Bahamas
- Jan 2015 – After moving back to JC, a friend introduced us to each other
- Jan 2017 – We got married and had an epic wedding and downtown parade celebration
- April 2018 – Cole was born into our family
- Every day since has been an amazing adventure!
About Abraham, By Leigh
Abraham is the extrovert in our relationship. He is spontaneous, fun, and an amazing improviser. He has spent his life in service to others and wants nothing more than to make the world a better place. I love to have a plan, but when the plan falls apart, Abraham is the one I want by my side to find a new path. He is the biggest cheerleader Cole and I could ask for. Abraham and Cole have a beautiful bond and I am so thankful to have a partner like him in life!
Fun Facts About Abraham
- Loves to be outside with others, especially mountain biking
- Great cook, along with Leigh and Cole as his assistants!
- Worked in The Bahamas for 9 years
- 2nd Child with an older sister
- Enjoys driving our family’s renovated school bus for fun
About Abraham's Work
I’m a big believer that a healthy home and financial freedom provide the best foundation for families to thrive in. I work with a nonprofit whose mission is to ensure as many people as possible have this opportunity.
About Leigh, By Abraham
It is said that “opposites attract”, and we are a beautiful example of that old saying, yet we have many things in common which bond us together! Leigh is extremely organized, hasn’t met a book she hasn’t read, and is rarely late. Leigh thirsts for knowledge to make the world a better place for those who struggle. She is an unbelievable mother who loves deeply and provides the best opportunity for Cole and our family to succeed.
Fun Facts About Leigh
- Has traveled to 40+ countries
- Loves to work out and stay active
- Enjoys family bike rides
- 2nd Child with an older brother
- Leads a local non-profit focused on empowering women
About Leigh's Work
I work in academic Family Medicine, which means that I not only get to practice medicine, I also get to teach young doctors and medical students every day. I also serve on the board of two local nonprofits.
We welcomed Cole James into our lives on April 16, 2018. He is a smart, happy, and busy little guy who is exploring and laughing from morning until bedtime! We strongly believe that it “takes a village to raise a child”, and Cole thrives being around our friends and family. Cole brings more joy to our lives than either of us thought possible. Now that we have found a good routine in being a family of three, we can’t wait to become a family of four and watch Cole help raise our second child as the best big brother!
Fun Facts About Cole
- Constantly Moving and Grooving
- Loves reading and biking
- Received his passport at 18 months old
About Our Family
Our immediate families are small and extended families are large. They are all in love with Cole and can’t wait for his little brother or sister to arrive. Our families live within one to five hours of us and make regular trips to come visit. They even give us a break so they can get some quality time alone with our little guy.
Traveling has always been a crucial part of our lives. We hope our kids catch the travel bug and see as much of this big beautiful world as they can!
Cole has already visited 8 states and The Bahamas. Traveling has taught us flexibility and resilience and the value of experiencing other cultures.
Things That Make Us Happy
- Working out
- Great books
- Peanut Butter Crackers
- ANY Kind of Biking
- Working Out
- Laughing with Family
We live in a beautifully renovated 1930s home only three blocks from Cole’s future school. Our neighborhood is one of the oldest and most coveted in our town for its walkability, proximity to fun activities, and neighborhood gatherings.
We Promise You, We Will…
- LOVE your child unconditionally
- Be good examples of SERVICE to your child
- Offer your baby ADVENTURES
- Give him or her every opportunity to further their EDUCATION
- Provide a warm, safe, dry, healthy HOME in which to live and thrive
We are excited to share our lives with you. We will love and support you and your child throughout the ups and downs of this incredible opportunity.
We ask that you trust us as we are trusting you. It is our hope that you will choose our family to cherish, challenge, and love your child. Peace be with you on this journey.
- Leigh and Abraham