We are Tyler and Maggie: a couple from California who cannot wait to start our family through adoption! Let us start by saying we have so much respect for you, and for the difficult decision you are facing. We are so grateful you are taking the time to consider us. We hope this profile conveys our genuine love and commitment toward one another, our life together, and our future child. We have so much enthusiasm about becoming parents and cannot wait to share our life and our love with a child. If you decide to make an adoption plan and choose us, we promise to raise your child with love, compassion, and integrity, and to provide a life full of opportunity.
Our Tradition That Keeps Us Strong As A Couple
Every Sunday we take a morning hike to the beach near our home along with our pup. We have so much fun playing in the waves with Minnie Mugu. It’s the perfect opportunity to really get caught up, connect, and feel grounded.
We have been together for 14 years and married for about 5. We first met on Point Dume in Malibu, CA. We were both 21, Tyler was delivering pizzas for a local pizza joint and studying to be an engineer, and Maggie was working in the fashion industry and running a local surf shop. The connection was instant, and we have been inseparable ever since. We have encouraged each other to grow into the people we are today through rigorous schooling, various challenges, and so many adventures.
Tyler works as a Mechanical Engineer from an office down the coast and Maggie works from home as an Interior Designer. We consider ourselves so very lucky to live where we do, blessed with both the ocean and mountains nearby. We have a 6-year-old pup who loves to explore the hiking trails with us just as much as she loves to snuggle. We live close to Tyler’s huge extended family and regularly see them for family gatherings. We have enough space in our home to regularly host visits for Maggie’s family from the east coast. We live in a community with fantastic schools and so many opportunities. We would be so thrilled to share this with a future child.
Why Adoption? We have been together for 14 years and have developed a very strong foundation of love, respect, commitment, and stability with one another and within our life. As a couple, we are both excited and ready to become parents. For us, the notion of family and the prospect of parenthood transcends biology. Adoption has always been something we were drawn to, and we see it as an amazing opportunity to grow our family. We have the love, energy, time and resources to share an amazing life with our future child and we simply cannot wait to do so.
A Few Of Our Favorites
- Competition: We love all things Jeopardy and take the competition very seriously. We are also highly competitive scrabble players.
- Summer sport: Maggie regularly practices Yoga and has even considered teaching it. Tyler grew up on a surf board and playing baseball… Both are still a regular activity!
About Maggie, in Tyler’s Words
Maggie is charming, witty and beautiful, both inside and out. Nobody works harder than her, especially when it comes to making someone feel loved and cared for. Maggie has the most welcoming heart and encourages me to be my best self. She is also a natural designer and communicator. This can be seen through her volunteer work creating urban sustainable housing units, which helps families transition out of homelessness in Los Angeles and other cities. If she truly believes in something, she simply does it. For work, she designs warm, minimalist modern interiors for homes and businesses in our area.
She not only hustles her own professional expertise with a great deal of passion, but always makes time outside her busy schedule to prepare a home cooked meal for dinner and makes our house into a cozy, welcoming home. Maggie is stunningly beautiful, she can drive a stick shift, she can build a house, she loves dogs, loves to bake and cook, gets super festive for the holidays, and secretly loves to fish, and can always make me laugh. To say that I am lucky to have her is the understatement of the century. Maggie is my true north, and my home. Her capacity for love is enormous and she will make an amazing mother.
More About Maggie
- AGE: 36
- OCCUPATION: Interior Designer
- Hobbies: Artist, Book Worm, Knitter, Yogi, Dog Mom, Coffee Lover, Class Clown, Carpenter… Between her own DIY enthusiasm, and two finish carpenters in the family, Maggie is a self-taught carpenter and all around Mr Fix It
- FAVORITE MOVIE: I love to laugh, so any comedy!
- FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas! I get out the decorations and start baking cookies the day after Thanksgiving. And I still believe in Santa!
- PERFECT DAY: A trip to the beach where I can lay in the sun reading my latest book while Tyler surfs and Minnie plays in the waves.
About Tyler, in Maggie's Words
Tyler has an enthusiasm for life and a curiosity for the world around him that will inspire our future child to grow into a thoughtful, curious and creative human being. Tyler is a terrific human being through and through. He is loyal, honest, has a huge capacity to love and he ALWAYS makes me laugh. He works to help others, and he gives freely to those he cares about without hesitation. The absolute best example of this was reflected in his actions this past November during bad wildfires nearby in Malibu. Tyler worked days on end without sleep putting out fires, saving homes, rescuing residents and animals, coordinating relief efforts and bringing in food, clean water and gasoline for generators. Family. Community. Showing up for one another. Doing what you can to make a difference. These are core values that Tyler and I live by.
Tyler will make a fantastic father. He has a sincere joy about him and he has already mastered the dorky dad joke. No matter the circumstances, Tyler finds the silver lining. You can frequently find Tyler tinkering with tools, sketching out an invention, crafting a new surf fin, or working on a car. He loves to improve things and work out puzzles. This is a quality that makes us so compatible and I can trust we will figure out any situation.
More About Tyler
- AGE: 35
- OCCUPATION: Mechanical Engineer
- BEYOND OCCUPATION: I have played baseball since the age of 4 and haven’t stopped - I still play for a league team. I surf, shape surfboards, and restore old cars. I'm constantly designing, tinkering and creating with my hands. I am also a die-hard Dodgers fan!
- FAVORITE MOVIE: Anything Science/Space
- FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Thanksgiving! I love to eat and watch sports on TV. Win-Win.
- PERFECT DAY: A beach day with Maggie and Minnie that concludes with a sunset drive.
Our Extended Families
• MAGGIE: I grew up in rural Massachusetts with horses, dogs, cats, and friends, and family around to play with at all times. My sisters and I were well loved, and encouraged to explore, create, and adventure in the world around us. Evenings were spent reading with my mom, and I cannot wait to share this tradition with my future child. My parents have been married for 50 years and still live on a cozy farm with plenty of spare bedrooms for friends and family to visit. We typically visit the east coast at Christmas time when the snow is falling and the fireplace is warm.
• TYLER: My parents have been happily married for 50 years and live in the same seaside town where they met. I grew up in the mountains overlooking the Pacific Ocean in a house designed and built by my father, a finish carpenter. My childhood was spent exploring the hills behind our home, surfing, playing baseball, and wrestling with my older brothers and my kid sister. My mother’s family is welcoming and big, so I grew up surrounded by a joyful collection of aunts, uncles, cousins and second cousins. To this day, there are weekly family gatherings all year round because it is ALWAYS someone’s birthday!
This big joyful family cannot wait to celebrate our future child’s birthday with grandma’s homemade birthday cake and all!
Where We Call Home
After our wedding, we bought and completely renovated a 1950s ranch house to make it into the beautiful home we live in today. It is a three-bedroom, two-bath home, and it’s within walking distance from the beach. Together, we put so much thought and hard work into our house knowing that we were creating a home where we would start a family. There is love in every nail, beam, and floorboard.
Our small community is thriving with local shops, welcoming restaurants, a small movie theater and a great farmers market. We also live within walking distance to five amazing schools - from nursery to high school. We cannot wait to share our home and our life with our future child.
MINNIE MUGU IS 6 YEARS OLD and a cross between Chocolate Lab and a German Shorthaired Pointer. We met her and her siblings, a litter of 13 adorable puppies, when they were just 6.5 weeks old. She was the runt and it was an instantaneous connection - we KNEW she was ours. She is a gentle, thoughtful, loving member of our family, and we can’t wait to introduce our future child to her!
Our Promise To You
- We promise to provide every opportunity within our means for our future child
- We promise a home full of love, joy, and laughter
- We promise to support our future child through life’s inevitable challenges
- We promise to engage our future child in education, inspire curiosity, learning, and creativity
- We promise to encourage our future child to follow their dreams
- We promise a full life surrounded by family and friends
THANK YOU for taking the time to get to know us and consider us as potential adoptive parents for your child. We cannot begin to comprehend the weight of the decisions you’re facing. We do understand that this is a complicated, emotional, and overwhelming process. We see how brave you are, and we have such profound respect for you. If you take anything away from reading our profile, let it be this; if you choose us, we will honor the opportunity to become parents and we will fiercely love, protect, and cherish your child.