Hello there! We are Andrew & Michael from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Thank you for taking the time during your journey to read our profile and learn a little about us. We are so excited to start our family and to welcome your child into our fun and loving home. We look forward to meeting you and hearing your story. We believe it is important to share your incredible story with your child.
Dear Birth Mother
- Together we have traveled to 36 countries
- Our first concert together was Madonna
- We’re both super active – we love to run and go to our bike class together
- Our favorite ride at Disney World is Splash Mountain
- We are both the older sibling of each family
We Met in 2007. It was love at first sight! We spent the whole evening talking about travel and how much we love animals. We connected immediately and have been inseparable ever since. In fact, even to this day, we eat all our meals together and go to the gym together every morning! We moved in together one year after meeting in 2008 and got married in 2013. Our wedding included our closest family and friends from cousins to college roommates.
Travel is our favorite hobby! We can’t wait to take your child with us on wonderful family adventures.
• Sampling chocolates in Paris
• Snorkeling in Hawaii
• Eating pizza in Italy
• Hiking in the Colorado mountains
• Trying sushi in Japan
We Love Animals! Especially Those in Other Countries!
- Petting donkeys in Aruba
- Giving crackers to deer in Japan
- Handing cookies to monkeys in India
- Petting kangaroos in Australia
All About Michael, by Michael
I am the city mouse of the family. I grew up in Los Angeles, California. I lived there until I was 18 when I went to college in Northern California and then graduate school on the East Coast. I love the beach and sunshine of my home state, and I also love making snow angels in the winter and watching flowers bloom in the spring. My parents have moved close to us, but I still can’t wait to take your child back to California to show the house where I grew up and, of course, to go to Disneyland.
I am a college professor at a university in Philadelphia. I teach classes about children and schools. I have a doctorate degree in economics, so around our house, I will be known as Professor Dad. I love my job, especially because I teach all my classes on two days a week. This means I have a lot of flexibility on the other days to take care of your child. I also love my job because I can bike to work!
Andrew’s Thoughts About Michael
Michael is so funny and so smart. I can’t wait to see him make your child laugh and learn.
A Few of Michael's Favorites
- Cuddling with our dog
- Eating chocolate desserts
- Doing yoga Seeing Broadway shows
- Cooking big dinners with family or friends
All About Andrew, by Andrew
I am the country mouse of the family. I grew up in a small town in West Virginia. I lived there until I was 18 when I went to college and graduate school. I love living in the city but, I also love going back to West Virginia and sitting in my parents’ backyard watching the fireflies light the evening summer sky and deer graze in the fields. I can’t wait to take your child to see grandma and grandpa in the country where I grew up!
For the last 10 years, I worked for a video game company, so I know what’s popular among teens and young adults. I have a master’s degree in business, and I work from home. I love this set up because I have tons of flexibility. I can’t wait to be able to walk your child to school every morning before starting my workday at home.
Michael’s Thoughts About Andrew
Andrew is the most loving and thoughtful person I know. He cares so much about his family and friends. I can’t wait to see his love grow for your child.
A Few of Andrew’s Favorites
- Flying on an airplane
- Hiking on a beautiful sunny day
- Reading on the beach
- Going to live concerts
- Visiting family for the holidays
List of Favorites!
Andrew: Birthday Cake
Michael: Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
Michael: July 4th
Favorite Musical Artist
Andrew: Dua Lipa
Michael: Katy Perry
Favorite Childhood Activity
Michael: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Subject in School
Favorite Seasonal Activity
Andrew: Baking Apple Pie in the Fall
Michael: Ice skating in the Winter
Languages You Speak
Can’t Live Without
Andrew: Running shoes
Our Home and Community
We live in a family-friendly, safe, neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our home is in the most historical part of Philadelphia, an area known as Society Hill. The Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were written and signed only a few blocks away. Our house was built in 1810, and it’s so cool to think that Thomas Jefferson could have walked down our street. Today, our neighborhood is filled with restaurants, shops, grocery stores and museums all within walking distance from our house.
Our street is the most famous street in Philadelphia for Halloween. There are spooky decorations and amazing costumes. You can be certain that your child will have the very best costume on the block!
Some of the best elementary schools in the city are a 5-10 minute walk away. Also, there is a children’s playground called Three Bears Park, only 1 block away from our house. Our street is quiet, and there are many families with children. Your child will have many friends to play with and many elementary school classmates nearby!
Our Dog, Coco
Coco is king of the house. We rescued him from the shelter 10 years ago, and he has been our best friend ever since. He is an 18-pound American Eskimo mix. We love taking Coco on walks in the city and hikes in the woods. In return, he gets lots of belly rubs and treats
(his favorite is dried sweet potato).
Our Top Four Local Favorites
- Eating Philly pizza – Michael always wants extra pepperoni
- Going apple-picking – Andrew makes the best apple cake in the Fall
- Riding our bikes – it’s important to stay healthy
- Exploring Philly’s American history – our favorite is the Liberty Bell
Meet Our Loved Ones
We are so lucky to have such wonderful, supportive families. Michael’s parents have been happily married for 50 years. His brother has been married for 6 years. They all live nearby and are so excited to welcome a new baby into the family. They have already talked about matching Halloween outfits for your child and us!
Andrew’s parents have been happily married for 40 years. His sister has been married for 4 years. Andrew’s family is also excited to welcome a new baby into their lives. Andrew’s sister is pregnant with her first child – a girl. Everyone in our family is thrilled to think about your child and her child growing up together as first cousins.
Favorite Family Holiday Traditions
- Making Andrew’s great-grandmother’s Thanksgiving stuffing recipe
- Grilling “July 4th ribs” on the BBQ like Michael’s parents taught us
- Going shopping the day after Christmas with Andrew’s sister
- Making Michael’s brother’s famous guacamole for Cinco de Mayo
- Watching New Year’s Eve fireworks on TV with our dog Coco
Our Promise to You
- We promise to dedicate our lives to giving your child a life full of happiness, opportunity, joy and success
- We are here to support your child’s interests and passions, whether that’s music, dance, sports, reading, painting, and anything else that makes your child happy
- We can’t wait to experience the world with your child through traveling, cooking, petting Coco, and doing all the things that we have discovered
- In the end, no matter what your child wants to pursue and no matter what adventures we are on together, we will love your child with all of our hearts
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us. We are so excited to become parents and couldn’t do it without you.
- Michael and Andrew