Hi! We are Paul and Jess from Santa Barbara, California. We are so honored and grateful that you are taking the time to get to know a little bit about us. We know that it takes a great amount of bravery to consider adoption, and we admire you for beginning this journey. We both come from very family-oriented backgrounds and promise to create a fun and heartwarming home for your child. We have always dreamt of becoming parents, and we are so ready to add them to our dance parties while cooking dinner and reading them their favorite book before bedtime. By reading our profile, we hope that you can see how much love we have to give!
Dear Birth Mother...
Why We Are Starting Our Adoption Journey
From an early age, we both knew we wanted to be parents. We talked about adoption and hoped to one day be able to embark on the journey. After trying to conceive without any success, we knew that adoption was the best decision for us. Adoption has a special place in our hearts, as Paul’s two youngest siblings were placed for adoption. They are being raised in a loving and supportive home. We are grateful that we get to keep in contact with them, and watch them grow to be amazing individuals. We are beyond excited to start this process and cannot wait to become parents!
We are lucky to have a unique love story as we met in our small hometown as children at the age of 10. We were teammates on a basketball team for our local boys and girls club, and became childhood friends. We started dating when we were in high school, when Paul asked Jess to Prom his junior year. We have been inseparable since that day.
When Jess became the first person in her family to graduate from college, we took a trip to Spain where Paul proposed. We got married in our hometown of Santa Barbara with our closest friends and family present. We have been partners for 12 years, and married for nearly 5 years. What makes our marriage so strong, is that we have known each other for our entire lives. We have been each other’s best friends since the beginning. Many people do not believe in soulmates, but we truly do feel that we are.
About Jess, by Jess
I am an empath through and through. I come from a big and loving family. At home, and with my friends, you can always find me being the go-to person when anyone needs extra support or help. I cannot wait to become a mom! I have so much love and affection to give to my future child. I will be there for them every step of the way.
"Jess is a sweet kind-hearted, and genuine woman who is always there to lend a helping hand when needed. You can always count on her. She is a good listener and gives great advice.” - My Best Friend
Fun Facts About Jess
- I was the first person in my family to graduate from college, and now have my master’s degree in counseling
- Spanish was my first language, and I continue to use it daily when speaking with my grandparents
- I am the oldest child and the oldest of 16 grandchildren
- I am close with my family and have run marathons with my dad
- I practice meditation daily
- I am the godmother of three wonderful children
- I absolutely love to read
About Jess’ Career
My biggest passion in life is to help underrepresented students graduate from college. I have my master’s degree in counseling and work for our local college. It brings me so much joy seeing my students make it to graduation day. A great advantage of my job is being able to work from home, with a very flexible schedule. This will allow me to spend lots of time with our future child!
Paul Talks About Jess
- Jessica is the love of my life and she has taught me to be patient and even more thoughtful than I already am
- Her friends and family are the most important thing to her and she is definitely the best gift giver
- She is the biggest bookworm I’ve ever met and loves her buffalo wings
- She also has a huge passion for helping out her students at work. She loves helping students who don’t know what to do when it comes to education because no one has ever showed them the way or given them a chance.
- Jess comes from a huge family and is the oldest cousin out of about 16 kids. Every Christmas she makes sure to get every one of her cousins something they will enjoy.
About Paul, by Paul
According to my friends and family I’ve always been the funny, outgoing and full of life type of person. I’m always lending a helping hand to anyone that needs it. I’m definitely an extrovert and go out of my way to make sure everyone is comfortable. I like to make conversation and truly get to know people.
Personally, I can’t wait to be a parent because my wife and I both have big families and have so much love to give. We both can’t wait to be parents so we can show and take our child everywhere we’ve been. As well as make new memories traveling.
Fun Facts About Paul
- I love sports. I grew up playing football and basketball.
- I enjoy participating in fantasy football
- I am an excellent cook
- I love my nieces and nephews
- I am restoring a 1993 Ford Bronco
About Paul's Career
Paul enjoys working for a local aerospace engineering company. With his love for traveling, he gets to look at and work with different parts of the plane on a daily basis. He appreciates getting to work with his hands and getting things done! The company has a flexible schedule and is very family-oriented.
Jess Talks About Paul
- My favorite thing about Paul is that he is friendly and kind-hearted. I cannot tell you how many times we are on a plane, and he ends up becoming friends with the person next to him.
- He is such a giving person, and truly enjoys helping people in need. When people see him, their eyes light up in delight. The best quote to describe him is “to know him is to love him”.
- Paul’s love language is acts of service. What I love about this, is that he shows his love through meals. He cooks the best dishes and really takes the time to make what everyone is craving.
- Paul is so family-oriented and loving. Every weekend, he wakes up bright and early to go visit our niece and nephews. He adores them very much. We are lucky to be godparents to all of them.
List of Favorites!
Favorite Sports Team
Jess: Los Angeles Dodgers
Paul: USC Trojans
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
Jess: Vanilla with Gummy Bears
Paul: Eureka Lemon and Marionberries
Favorite Children’s Book
Jess: Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Paul: Frog and Toad
Sport You Like to Play
Paul: Football and Basketball
Favorite Lunch Box Snack
Jess: Cheez its
Paul: Snack Pack
Jess: Reading and Baking
We Love to Travel
One of our favorite hobbies is traveling! Some of our favorite places that we have been to are Spain, Italy, Greece, Isla Mujeres (a small island in Mexico), Hawaii, New York and Wyoming.
Our go to places to visit are national parks. We have explored a total of 20 national parks, and they each offer something beautiful and unique. For our recent wedding anniversary, we drove from California to Wyoming to visit Grand Teton National Park. We stayed at “glamping” spots along the way and absolutely loved it. We enjoyed it so much, we had to go back to show our godson. It was his first time on a plane, and he enjoyed every bit of it! We are also both big animal lovers, and one of our favorite things to do is book a stay at farmhouses. We get to feed the animals, spend some time with them and ride horses.
We were both born and raised in a small beach town in California. We live in a family friendly community that is quiet and peaceful. Our home is a couple of blocks away from a local farm, where we get to go and pick fresh strawberries. We enjoy going there during the holidays to get our pumpkins and trees. We are also lucky to live less than a mile away from the beach.
We enjoy going on walks with our family, as there is a bike trail that leads right to the ocean. Our town home community has a pool that we like to go to on the days it gets really warm! Our neighborhood is very family oriented. On Halloween, we have a potluck with all of our neighbors as we pass out candy. It makes everyone feel like they are part of the community, and brings us all together.
The favorite part of our home is the kitchen and outdoor patio. Paul loves to cook and BBQ some good food. Our patio is where our family gathers weekly for dinners. We sit around the fireplace while Paul is on the grill. For dessert, Jess loves to bake and is always looking for new recipes. We love to incorporate our Mexican culture into our meals. Our family never leaves our house hungry!
Our Life Together at Home
We live in a city that has many beaches, and where it is sunny year round. A perfect day for us is packing some sandwiches and walking to the ocean to enjoy the views and the water. At home, our hobbies are cooking and baking. We enjoy making meals and watching our favorite TV shows together. During the summer, we love to go camping. We enjoy putting up a tent and cooking food in the great outdoors. Paul likes to sit and fish, while Jess reads a book. During the winter months we appreciate going to places that actually have seasons. We enjoy winter sports, where Paul snowboards and Jess likes to ski. Every time we visit somewhere special, we think about how awesome it will be to bring our future child there. We cannot wait to show them the world!
Our Loved Ones
We are lucky that all of our family lives in our same town. Paul is the oldest out of 6 children, and Jess is the oldest out of 2. We are both very close with our parents and siblings, as they are our biggest support system. We enjoy spending time together by going to our nephew’s soccer and football games, and having family gatherings at our home. We play music and dance, while our favorite Mexican dishes are being prepared. As our best friend says, “nobody leaves their house hungry, and we always feel like we are a part of the family”. Our family’s personality is kind, warm, giving and loving. Spending time together re-charges our batteries, and makes us feel whole.
- Annual family vacation to Hawaii
- Watch football every Sunday
- Weekly dinners with grandparents
- Family BBQ for Easter
- Going to the pumpkin patch for Halloween
- Celebrating Thanksgiving in a cabin
- Making tamales and celebrating Christmas Eve at Jessica’s grandma’s house
Values We Hope to Share
- Being honest and telling the truth
- Standing up for what you believe in
- Be compassionate towards others
- Spend time in nature
- Celebrate. Spend time with friends and family often.
- Trust and open communication
- Humility and kindness
- Always ending the day with a positive thought
- To love them with everything we’ve got
- To show them the world, and have lots of fun traveling!
- To be their biggest fan and inspire them to chase their dreams
- To create a safe and loving environment that’s filled with laughter
- To make birthdays and holidays absolutely magical
- To provide them with as many opportunities possible
- To admire and honor your role as their birth mother
Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little bit about us, it is an absolute honor. Family is one of the most important things in our lives, and we promise to always be there for your child and fill their lives with so much joy. We hope that through these pictures and words, you can see the amount of love we have to offer. Please know that we are here to support you in this journey in any way we can. We wish you peace in whatever decision you make.
Paul & Jess