Hello from Southern Maryland! We are Ashley, Kevin, and Liliana. First and foremost, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude to you for considering us as the potential parents for your precious child. We understand that this is a monumental decision, and we are humbled by your courage and love. Throughout our lives, we have been fortunate to have a support system of family and friends who have filled our lives with love and joy. We promise to love unconditionally, keep each other safe and secure, and listen to each other always. We deeply respect your decision, and if you choose us to be the parents of your child, we promise to honor and uphold the trust you place in us.
Dear Birth Mother...
We are adopting because we have so much love and passion to share. We want to grow our family. We want to share different cultures and experiences so that they have knowledge and exposure that empowers them to form their own educated beliefs and values. We are beyond excited for this entire process and having the opportunity to meet you!
Our family consists of our daughter, Liliana, our two pups, Kiwi and Sammy, and a whole lot of love. Our story began 13 years ago at a little restaurant in Cambridge, MA. Ashley was new to the Boston area and Kevin was a local. Kevin would walk Ashley home from work every day and after some time was Ashley’s personal tour guide. It didn’t take long for us to fall in love; the rest is history!
Hobbies and Interests
- As a family we spend a lot of time traveling, playing board games, spending time outdoors, going on weekend adventures and last, but not least, going to Fenway to watch the Red Sox win!
- We have a passion for hospitality
- We seek out the type of experiences that are inspired - whether that is food, beverage, or any craft that is unique and special
- We do our best to have an active lifestyle. Cycling, running, and hiking are some of our favorite activities
- We also enjoy fishing, camping, and going to a park for a picnic. Outside in the sunshine is our happy place!
- At home, we enjoy hosting dinner parties, reading, and the occasional trending show on Netflix. Ashley’s guilty pleasure is watching drama and reality T.V. shows, while Kevin’s is “boring” documentaries on nature and science.
- Recently, we have discovered our interest in big, beautiful, house plants! They really brighten up the rooms in the house and make them feel so cozy!
Meet Ashley, by Ashley
I am an empath, the middle child of three, and my mother’s best friend. I love being a role model and step-mother to our wonderful daughter. Life is always exciting, between a fulfilling career, weekend adventures, and occasional travel. Sprinkle in some tacos and a good book, and I’m happy. I have a big family, full of strong women, and a tight-knit friend group that share my same values and passions for human rights. I value the connection I have with my people and do my best to spend time with them when I can. I enjoy running. I have completed 14 marathons all over the world. It has been something that not only keeps me healthy, but is also therapeutic. It is very important to me that, not only myself, but my family feel comfortable enough to always speak up, talk about feelings, and listen to each other.
I work in hospitality because it is my passion. I would not have it any other way. The act of kindness, paired with a special experience can be something that will stay with someone for the rest of their life.
Fun Facts About Ashley
- Favorite Vacation: Italy or London
- Favorite Sport: RED SOX!!
- Favorite Place to Take a Child: The fair
More About Ashley, by Kevin
She is not afraid to step out of her comfort zone and embrace change. Her sense of justice is contagious; she's able to speak up for others while also showing others how to speak up for themselves. Her passion and tenderness make her approachable and those of us lucky to have her in our lives feel the love and understanding that she emanates. She knows when to have a good time and I often catch her "silly" dancing with our daughter.
As a wife she is very considerate and communicative. We share lots of fun memories and continue to create new ones. As a mother she nurtures without spoiling, can be firm without being a disciplinarian, and educates without being overbearing.
Meet Kevin, by Kevin
I work as a software engineer, love to work out, and am always dabbling in some sort of project at home. My curiosity is always leading me to experiment and learn new things. I am proud to have served six years in the US Army as a cavalry scout. My time in service taught me many life lessons that I will always carry with me. I will often try to convince others that I am hilarious. My wife and daughter are pretty good sports when it comes to my not-lame dad jokes and I truly appreciate that. It ain’t easy being cheesy. The pursuit of knowledge is a strong driving force in my life. I am constantly trying to improve myself in my personal and professional life. I’m very proud that I am able to share this passion with my family, especially my daughter, who loves to learn. The best part of my day is cooking dinner for my family.
Fun Facts About Kevin
- Languages I Speak: Portuguese, English and Spanish
- Favorite Seasonal Activity: Hiking in the fall
- Favorite Hobby: Home renovations
More About Kevin, by Ashley
Kevin is the most patient and loyal human I have ever met. Being part of his life is so incredibly special because of how wonderful he is. He leads with kindness and always seeks the bright side in any situation, especially the tough ones. He is hilarious, although I would never admit that to him. He is intelligent and gentle. He is a thoughtful and present husband and father who would do anything for his family. I very much look forward to seeing the bond that he builds with our second child.
List of Favorites!
Ashley: Kristen Hannah
Kevin: Neil Gaiman
Ashley: Bananas Foster
Favorite Historical Figure
Ashley: RBG, Princess Di
Kevin: George Washington
Favorite Lunch Box Snack
Ashley: Handi Snacks
Kevin: Pepperoni Lunchables
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
Ashley: Kristen Hannah
Kevin: Neil Gaiman
Liliana is six years old and is thrilled about all the things she will be able to do with her new sibling. Some of the things she’s most excited about are taking family trips to Target for matching clothes, teaching them how to play and read, and having their own special handshake. Liliana is a warm and friendly girl who enjoys painting, using her imagination, and goofing around.
Top Three Values We Live By
- Kindness - We believe that being a good person is one of the most important life lessons we can try to instill in our children
- Education - We strongly value education and the overall pursuit of knowledge, which opens the mind up to the vast diversity of things life has to offer
- Determination - We believe in determination, because it is a necessary component to leading a successful life
We live in a family friendly community that has multiple playgrounds, a large swimming pool, and a pond. Our house is located in a quiet cul-de-sac less than a 5 minute walk from the elementary school. Much of our time is spent in the family room playing games or watching a movie, in the kitchen baking and trying out new recipes, or on our patio around the fire pit making s’mores. At dinner time we take turns telling each person what we love about them, and sharing the best part of our day.
Some of our family traditions are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for our family, our annual holiday party with friends, and a Polish feast on Christmas Eve. Another silly tradition that all of the women and girls in the family like to do is blast Aretha Franklin’s song Respect, dancing and singing at the top of their lungs. All of the men in the family usually just sit around watching and laughing. It is quite the sight!
Our Loved Ones
We both have large, loving families. Kevin’s side of the family resides in Boston, Massachusetts. We do our best to visit as often as we can, which we do pretty regularly. They have large gatherings on Sundays where everyone brings a dish, sits together, and enjoys catching up with their loved ones.
Ashley’s side of the family resides in Asheville, North Carolina. A few times a year we all get together and spend time hugging, cuddling, laughing, and playing VERY competitive games of bananagrams or Exploding Kittens.
Our friend group is small but close enough to be family. We make time for each other as much as possible doing everything from running marathons, going to hip restaurants, and even officiating each other’s weddings!
Thoughts on Parenting
- As parents we believe in providing a safe environment that allows a child to explore and develop a sense of curiosity
- We each have our areas of interest that we share with our child; Ashley loves to talk about culinary ingredients and historical figures, Kevin loves to work out math problems on a chalkboard and do science experiments
- We encourage questions and have fun learning alongside our child
- We enjoy playing games that are mentally or physically stimulating
- We love being an active part of our child’s development and are very excited to be a part of your child’s development
We deeply thank you for reading through our profile and hope that we can learn more about you! We understand that this is not an easy decision and we commend you for taking this step. We are flexible with open or closed adoption and we’d be willing to hear from you about any questions you may have. We promise to raise your child with all the love and tenderness that they deserve.